Lingo VOIP......?

bent240LV

I am currently a lingo customer.  So far I am not greatly impressed with their tech support.  I have been paying for service since January of 2005, and just this week have I finally gotten what I have been paying for.  The customer service in March was horrible, I was complaining about the time it was taking to "port" two telephone numbers--and was told I could cancel my port if I was unhappy with the service. --[/b]now why in the hell would i want to cancel porting my telephone number?  That was just rude in my opinion.  The only reason I have stayed with them is because I can at least get a local number whereas with vonage if someone wanted to call me they had to call a long distance number.  Customer service has been better since then, but I am about to have to call them and request a refund.  I have two phone numbers, one is voice and the other a dedicated fax.  They said I had to purchase two of their voip modems--I have been having problems and couldn't get service to work correctly.  This week they called me(on my cell) and after 2 1/2 hours on the phone they said that I should only use one box for both the phone and fax--the tech guy said to just put the extra in my closet for backup.--bullshit on that, I want my damn 40.00 bucks back.  I guess I will find out a little more about customer no service.  Sorry this sounds so crappy but so far I am not terribly impressed with them.  I have only written about some of the problems  there were more but I think I conveyed what I thought about them so far.  I may be the exception rather than the rule--but I am just telling you what happened to me. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

• 7 months later...

I've had lingo for the last 4 months and everything has gone great.  From all the bad comments I've read on the internet about them, I expected terrible service. 

The only thing I can say I dislike is there is a approx 1 second delay when talking to someone on the phone and sometimes it makes it hard to talk to someone. I'm not sure if that's from my internet or just because of their service...either way it doesn't really matter since it's only 22 dollars a month, I can deal with that.

If your the type of customer that needs pampering and constantly on customer support for every little thing...VOIP probably isn't for you!

I've had lingo for the last 4 months and everything has gone great.  From all the bad comments I've read on the internet about them, I expected terrible service. 

The only thing I can say I dislike is there is a approx 1 second delay when talking to someone on the phone and sometimes it makes it hard to talk to someone. I'm not sure if that's from my internet or just because of their service...either way it doesn't really matter since it's only 22 dollars a month, I can deal with that.

If your the type of customer that needs pampering and constantly on customer support for every little thing...VOIP probably isn't for you!

It is more likely a combo of both.. the transfer from analog to digital can take time and then the route to your computer..  Glad you like it!

I am using Lingo also because they were the only ones with a local number in my area. I only have to call CS only once and they resolve me almost immediately. The service I decent when the net is not conjested but beside that its cheaper. I was paying around $150 a month w/ Bellsouth for their unlimited plan plus unlimited to the UK. And with Lingo I have the same package plus a second number from Puerto Rico and I only pay about $36 including taxes