direcway and vonage broadband phone service

mtnsprfarm

:angry5:I hve had the direcway 6000 less than 6 months.I recently purchased a vonage phone. The remote area where I live has no land line phone lines. Cell phone service is fair. My problem is my upload speed is too slow.0.7. If I move my dish on top of the house will my upload  and download speeds be  better? If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

mtnsprfarm.

mtnsprfarm ...welcome to the forum... ;)

And the odds are ..vonage isn't going to work with Dway....at least no one in this forum has gotten it to work. The slow U/L and D/l speeds are only a part of it....the large latency time also plays a big factor...the Dway forum has more info on this...just do a search for vonage at the top of the page.. :-|

I would suggest Skype (www.skype.com).  This is free for Skype-to-Skype users and costs for Skype "In" and "Out"...  The technology is much less band width intensive than Vonage (which I use as my primary home phone)...  The quality is also much better than a "regular" pot line...  I was shocked today when I was using it on a shared ISDN connection (128k) and it was working fine...  With Voip (vonage) (which would never work on ISDN) you really have to have packet/port priority for it to work half way decent, with Skype, I've found I don't even need to do that... Best of Luck...Rich

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...