NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND ON ANY DEVICES

pr0duc3r

this mornin i plugged my computer in and that messege poped up, i knew i didnt do anything to my computer, so i unplugged everything and plugged it back in, still nothing got my buddies "dell" xp cd and cant install xp, over 2000 so i said the hell with it with my files, thank god for back ups!!!! i cant install the xp for some reason please i need serious. The day before downloaded a song and a folder of music.  NEED HELP.

for one dell OEMS Cd's cant be used on anything other then dell systems and  you would have to give info on what the message said I'm guessing it was an error that restarted your system then a windows file got corrupt  and now you cant boot up.

as stupid as this sounds crack the case and pull the battery it is roughly the size of a quarter then try to reload the OS. :!: be sure to puy the battery back in after about 30 seconds and for god sakes unplug the thing.

WTF is that going to do ??????  flash his bios whats thats going to do?... nothing for him if his hard drive went bad

WTF is that going to do ?????? flash his bios whats thats going to do?... nothing for him if his hard drive went bad

That would actually test his CMOS battery to see if it's the cause of him receiving that message. The CMOS battery plays one of the biggest roles of your system even starting up. Without it, your system's bios would not hold any settings, thus, causing you to get several messages that you would not get otherwise. What's more is that he will also be clearing his that way also.

You will need to enter the bios and set everything back up when your done pr0duc3r.

That's just one option for you to try.

By the way, that's not how you flash your bios. :haha:

That would actually test his CMOS battery to see if it's the cause of him receiving that message. The CMOS battery plays one of the biggest roles of your system even starting up. Without it, your system's bios would not hold any settings, thus, causing you to get several messages that you would not get otherwise. What's more is that he will also be clearing his that way also.

You will need to enter the bios and set everything back up when your done pr0duc3r.

That's just one option for you to try.

By the way, that's not how you flash your bios. :haha:

HE nerver said his computer didn't boot once your pasted your bios the next boot options should be his harddrive so whats  testing the battery going to do

Removing the CMOS battery has worked for me and many other computer's that I've had this exact problem on before, if thirty seconds doesn't work try ten minutes, some times it's take a while for everything to "turn off and reset".

edit///

HE nerver said his computer didn't boot once your pasted your bios the next boot options should be his harddrive so whats testing the battery going to do

It isn't testing the battery, if the battery didn't work, the computer wouldn't get to the part where it says "no operating system on any device."  Sometimes the bios just "forgets what it's doingg, and this resets it.

edit///

It isn't testing the battery, if the battery didn't work, the computer wouldn't get to the part where it says "no operating system on any device."  Sometimes the bios just "forgets what it's doingg, and this resets it.

The guy said
That would actually test his CMOS battery to see if it's the cause of him receiving that message

It isn't testing to see if the battery works in that it provides power.  It IS testing to see if the battery is working in the sense that it is noticing the hard drive.  This will reset any changes or mishaps that have happened to it.

well if whatever you said works then more power to you but i have no clue of why the battery would have any sense of noticing the hard drive ..... your going to have to show me how this works  :roll:

I know it says no operating system but have you tried to enter safe mode? You may not be able to but I would try.Do you have a windows start up disk? This is not the installation disk.It enters DOS & lets you work frow there.Some people even use a 98 start up disk to do this in XP.I haven't tested that but have read it works.

for one dell OEMS Cd's cant be used on anything other then dell systems and  you would have to give info on what the message said I'm guessing it was an error that restarted your system then a windows file got corrupt  and now you cant boot up.

correction:

the dell OEM cd's can be used on non-dell systems.  i used it on a compaq and it installed just fine.  the only difference is that when u install on a dell it doesnt make u activate b/c it detects the dell bios.  on the compaq, i did have to call microsoft to get an activation key, but nevertheless, it installed just fine.

This Windows2000 defect happens a lot on my machine (used to anyways). Most often caused by a bad shutdown , physical errors on the hard drive or bad memory module. Could be a dozen other things causing it, of course....bottom line is that your boot record got corrupted & you need to boot up with Windows2000 boot disks (4 in the set). Ususally the "REPAIR" screen is useless for this, just let the boot program load all the way & run windows from your HD , not the CD when it prompts you to select ...

if you need the boot disks go here: http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

hope this helps...

-JxL