Hmmm.. Everyone says to "tweak it out" I don't know about extreme tweaking.

100cc

I used cablenut for awhile messed around till i found what was best for my comp. it had its moments, then i reformat and did not d/l Cablenut or anything else for that matter (have not touched my registry in anyway) and i get Very consistant speeds that are at least 3 to 10 % higher on my test and actual d/l's. So what I'm getting at is Changing, tweaking ,or any registry adding doing that big of diff. in the long run or does most of the tweaking just make small d/l's peak real high and make your speeds seem incredible.I know some of you are thinking is this guy kidding or even know anything about it. I do I just would like to see what any of you all really think about the "tweaking side that everyone jumped on to ride with like its Fort Knox.

100cc

Wow, someone else actually has the same problem as me.  Tweaking actually made my connection slower for some reason, then I removed cablenut and reset the registry settings, and bam, my connection was back.

Without tweaks:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2003 Kbps about 2 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 245 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Wed Jun 15 2005 22:19:24 GMT-0500 (Central Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 36X faster than 56K 1MB download in 4.18 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 86.94 % of your hosts average (conwaycorp.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2P8M00SLH

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 128 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 16 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Wed Jun 15 2005 22:21:08 GMT-0500 (Central Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 64 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 16.36 % faster than the average for host (conwaycorp.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-6OK8MFQT2

My caps are at 2024/128.

With tweaking I got about 1775-1850 down and about 115 up. 

Guest helloimtim

I have seen tweaking help others allot. With dsl as long as you have xp you are pretty tweaked to the max. With cable It does and has help people. We all recomend all the time. Back up your registry in case the tweak turns bad. I have seen times when spyware was the problem and or hardware setup. So yes tweaking your settings in some cases help. Just keep in mind what did not work for you may work for others.

I have seen tweaking help others allot. With dsl as long as you have xp you are pretty tweaked to the max. With cable It does and has help people. We all recomend all the time. Back up your registry in case the tweak turns bad. I have seen times when spyware was the problem and or hardware setup. So yes tweaking your settings in some cases help. Just keep in mind what did not work for you may work for others.

Good deal helloimtim. Thanks for the reply,I may have made it sound like I hadn't tweaked before,but I have dabbed a little here and there. The conclusion I've come to is less is best for the speed end of it (tweaking registry) I mean i can go d/l lets say 180 mb file and never go any lower 625 kb a sec. I go and tweak my registry and what not I get amazing speeds on small d/l's ,I killer speeds on the first minute of anything bigger than the test on here. I'd rather keep at 600+ then never really knowing medium or average to go by.The funny thing is, this sh*t isn't keeping me from sleeping at night so I guess its not that important. Thanks again though,Let me know if you have time what you've have done to your reg and whats you results.

Guest helloimtim

I sure hope big time I did not come off sounding like a butthead. Not my intention. I learned the hardway about tweaking. Finally gave up and reloaded xp. I was like you 100cc. Tweaked it and made things worse. Thats why I always try to stress please back up your settings. Dont make my mistakes. While yes tweaking cable has helped if you have xp and dsl leave it be. Seems like I see allot of people want to tweak right off the bat without checking other things. Spyware, reset the modum, Saw one that went crazy for about a week tweaking and finally in the end reset his modum like we all said to do first and fixed his speeds. I guess the thought and Idea of tweaking seem to fasinate people and they just have to give it a shot. Live and learn I guess. Been there done that. So again I am sorry if I came off like a butthead or anything. Swear not my intentions. You all have a good day..............