Comcast ports

dam, that make me so  :angry5:

i think they do it to piss you off, but they say its blocked so you can't run a web server, so i said people can run it over port 8080.

Its so not right that they block services and ports from being run on there internet, I pay the high fucken rates they want, then i should be able to runor host anything i want. Can;t wait for verizon FIOS to come to my town.

dam, that make me so :angry5:

i think they do it to piss you off, but they say its blocked so you can't run a web server, so i said people can run it over port 8080.

Its so not right that they block services and ports from being run on there internet, I pay the high fucken rates they want, then i should be able to runor host anything i want. Can;t wait for verizon FIOS to come to my town.

Verizon does block port 80.

ya i just found out they do, i read there TOS and it says that any verizon user its not allowed to run a server of any kind. Thats f***en B/S ill run a server of any kind if i want to.

Looks like im going to have to spend the $120 a month to get a dedicated server from rackspace.

ya i just found out they do, i read there TOS and it says that any verizon user its not allowed to run a server of any kind. Thats f***en B/S ill run a server of any kind if i want to.

Looks like im going to have to spend the $120 a month to get a dedicated server from rackspace.

Most ISP's don't allow you to run a server unless you have the buisness plan. Some don't seem to bother you unless you're using a lot of bandwith.