upload speed

donna

• 2 weeks later...

You can get what your upload speed is by logining on to Mydirecway and there is a box in the lower part of the home screen which is called SPEED TEST.  Select this and run a speed test on your link and it will give you the download and upload speed.  This will vary depending on network traffic.  If I have this correct you are going to try and use Vonage which is a voice over IP service on your direcway system?  It may work but I guess the satelite turnaround time will make it unusable.  The speed of light going up to a satelite 22,000 miles above the earth and back can't be changed meaning you will get a 1 to 2 second pause between you and the person you are talking to.

• 8 months later...

DONT  DO  IT  DONE  BEEN  THERE 

vonage  and  direc way  will not  mix  and when i  sent  phones back to  vonage they  billed me  anyway and  i  had  less than 4 days  and only 90 mins of  calls  (droped that  is )  90 min  of  trying to get  it  to work  you can  hear them ok but  it  takes  like  25 seconds for them  to  hear  you  say  hello and  they done  hung up !!!!! i  got  shafted