Took the wireless router out and direct connect to computer from modem.. :)

maxboost7

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 11108 Kbps about 11.1 Mbps (tested with 7458 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1356 kB/s

Tested From:: http://s121815182.onlinehome.us

Test Time:: 

Bottom Line:: 198X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.76 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 188.59 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-YTXWPFKGV

What an improvement!!!!! For RR Premium.. I get about 920 kb/s MAX with passing through wireless router but without so much better.. Why does router slow connection down so much?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Connection is:: 16473 Kbps about 16.5 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2011 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Fri Jun 17 2005 01:28:52 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 294X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.51 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 327.87 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-B9NH0TPRZ

ANOTHER ONE.. HOLY COW..

OMG.. I SWEAR GOD.. If u tell me other way to test it, I'll prove it..

My girl friend's computer won't recive signal from her router so today, she came over took my router from my computer to test whether her router is bad or not. so I have no choice other than connect directly from modem to my computer then I just wanted to see if any improvement. Honestly, I didn't expect any improvement but then BAM! There's NO OPTION CHANGE OR MODIFICATION WAS MADE. Just connect and test.. It's kinda messed up that you just think I made all this up.. If I did What would be the point..just wasting my time to show off??  and you don't even know me and juding me like that is just f**ed up

WELL.. i don't believe either but this is truth what testmy.net is telling me

Another test

Connection is:: 16429 Kbps about 16.4 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2006 kB/s

Test Time:: Fri Jun 17 2005 01:52:57 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 293X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.51 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 326.73 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-0E1TO348K

Well I dont mean to accuse you of anything,but RR premium is 8000/512,there is no possible way for someone to get 16 Mbps.

Unless they are testing new speeds :shock::haha:

Why would my speed increase right after my microsoft wireless router is been removed? You explain to me what is going on then.. I also tested from DSLreports.com and they show I get around 16mbps

WELL.. i don't believe either but this is truth what testmy.net is telling me

Another test

Connection is:: 16429 Kbps about 16.4 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2006 kB/s

Test Time:: Fri Jun 17 2005 01:52:57 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 293X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.51 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 326.73 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-0E1TO348K

Well like I said,I dont want to accuse someone without knowing the facts first,so I apologize if I offended you in anyway.

And im not doubting what you said,so ill leave it at that :D

Why would my speed increase right after my microsoft wireless router is been removed? You explain to me what is going on then.. I also tested from DSLreports.com and they show I get around 16Mbps

I meant,maybe Time warner is testing out new speeds and your like one of the first to get it thats all i said :(

I meant,maybe Time warner is testing out new speeds and your like one of the first to get it thats all i said :(

I see, that could be possible but I pray that I keep getting same speed as right now..

Back then,. I was just little mad that I was being accused lying.. I was all excited after getting unbelieveable result without changing option or anything so I was rush to share the story then u know..  I was just posting whatever I got from the result.. I don't even know how to test using cached or whatever.. but it's all good :)

maxboost7 Unless  your cap is 16Mbps  then it is a cached test.I'm not saying it is intentionally cached but this is the only way that you can get that speed.If it is your cap & its 20% or so over the cap.then it is correct.I can take dialup & cache a test faster but like you say whats the point.If you don't know how to do a cached test how do you know your not doing one.

maxboost7 Unless  your cap is 16Mbps  then it is a cached test.I'm not saying it is intentionally cached but this is the only way that you can get that speed.If it is your cap & its 20% or so over the cap.then it is correct.I can take dialup & cache a test faster but like you say whats the point.If you don't know how to do a cached test how do you know your not doing one.

Ok, Please explain this.. All I did was took router out then ran the test.  but with router which I tested last night I was getting about 920kbs then I didn't touch anything then my computer was on all night all day till today as now..  and there was no RESTART and nothing was changed what so ever. Tell me what was different from last night test and today test? How does all the sudden become cached test when nothing hasn't changed. I am not mad or anything, If i am wrong I just want to know and learn.. Also I have Net Meter and I looked at it while test was processing DL: 2.6MB/s + It was going up and up? does that mean anything? I just wants to know why my result was super improved when there's nothing was changed? Why test become cached test automatically when only router is been removed? How do I change this to normal test? If I am getting cached test result.

Thanks anyway  ;)

P.S I just download random files and downloading at around 2.5MB/sec. Thing I don't get it is.. I never download this file before so This can't be cached right? which concludes speed did increased because I never could download at this high speed.. max i've got was 1.0 MB/S

I don't have an explaination his Net meter is aparrently showing the faster speed that shouldn't be affected by a cached test .If it would be someone else can post why. If you are  getting the fast speed then your ISP  will eventually catch it & return your connection to what its supposed to be.Because they are only let you have what you are paying for  & maybe a little more.

Ok, here is 2 tests..  It wasn't fastest like last night but still a lot faster than when by pass the router. Like I said, When I download large file that I've never download before as Test, Speed stuck at around 2.5Mb/s +. Which cannot be cached.. this is just amazing..

Test 1 From DSL Reports

2005-06-17 13:57:17 EST: 16795 / 482

Your download speed : 17198766 bps, or 16795 Kbps.

A 2099.4 kB/sec transfer rate.

Your upload speed : 493583 bps, or 482 Kbps.

Test 2 From Testmy.net with 

Yeah, I was never satisfy with premium service untill now but will it be like this from now on? Do you think by passing router slowed connection down? I want to find out why my speed increase all the sudden after router is removed.. I meant, I am not complaintin but I still wants to know why?

Do I have normal speed for uploading? If not, how to increase upload speed?

Thanks,

Yea,your upload is fine because RR premium is 8000/512 and your getting about 492 kbps which is fine.The only thing im curious is how your download doubled by going directly to modem,I believe you now that yours is not cached but that is a huge jump the past 2 days :haha:

BTW where are u located at?

Yea,your upload is fine because RR premium is 8000/512 and your getting about 492 Kbps which is fine.The only thing im curious is how your download doubled by going directly to modem,I believe you now that yours is not cached but that is a huge jump the past 2 days :haha:

BTW where are u located at?

I located in columbia s.c. so you don't think there's nothing to do with router? It used to be connected through router but now it's directly connected from cable modem -> my PC. I think there something in my router was blocking the speed.. But not for sure.. All i know is after I directly connect from cable modem -> PC.. that/s when speed jumped amazinly