Testing

VanBuren

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no score posts yet.........

Since i live in Sweden and most of the users here is in US the speedtest wont be as fast as testservers in US.

But it would be nice to see how much atlantic ocean affect the speed for you guys aswell.

In my case my dl speed against testmy.net is around 3.1 Mbps and i get 10 Mbps here in Sweden.

so in % my speed is very affected.

VanBuren :)

I get 1600 kbps with the 5 MB test and 1550 with the other test.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2063 Kbps about 2.1 Mbps (tested with 1496 KB)

Download Speed is:: 252 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 37 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 4.06 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=97RHTTJQT

Immidiatly did a test here, and besides one lagspike, it went smooth (would've been 2200-2300 otherwise).

Weird.

That isnt to bad... I an running about 1300 over the atlantic... Here i run about 2900.. :cry: I miss my 4.2mbs connection... :lol::D:twisted:

Not bad, in % you dont drop as much as me hehe Strage thing RTB still got faster result over atlantic

I changed some settings now, so give it another try :)

A tip to get high speed across atlantic is to use a big RWIN, but not too big hehe I use 64240 and it limit me to around 3 Mbps on 150 ms ping.

VanBuren :)

Across the Atlantic my speeds drop from around 1400kbps to this...

Your connection is: 592 kbps (about 1 Mbit)

You downloaded at: 72 KB/sec

Bottom Line: You are running: 11 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 14 seconds

heh... to think that with my old cable modem I would of been happy with this speed!

first test at 8:14 am: 2089, with 5 MB

second: 1688, 5 MB again. I noticed it takes 12 seconds for the speed to pick up.

Third: 1186, with 2 mb. I'm really getting screwed by that delay.

RWIN: 255000 or so, ping to testmy.net 150. Ping to thegamer.serveftp.com: infinite.

Latest test: 1000 kbps. I truly hate the router here.

I have admin access to that thing, and there is no setting that handles throttling. If my dad decides to download something on the new computer, I can only get the remaining bandwidth. He's a leech, so often that's next to none.

He uses FlashGet to download, which divides files into 5 pieces and downloads them separatly. Add 3 of them downloading at the same time, and he takes all upload bandwidth available.

Help.