AVG update problems

dn0

yeah yesterday it said there was a priority update on mine and finally after screwing around with it i got it to update....and today it said that there weren't any updates and there is basically always one a day at least....then my outlook express started screwing up today...but i fixed that but yeah my avg is acting up too...i have no clue why... mine has never done this before

Same for me the update starts then closes the connection before finishing

Looks like a server prob or DOS attack.

Or a broken server, and millions of PC trying to update themselves.

I tried the manual update from the website, no go, and the site is slow, too.

well mine a box pops up saying priority update(never done that before it just usually updates without prob.) and so i click update and it says closing connection! then it says that it has timed out before it could update...who is with me saying we need either better service or at least i am gonna try to get a different anti virus like avast or something

i hate waiting for antivirus programs i am just going to get avast or something if this keeps screwing up :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil3: :evil3: :evil3: :evil3: :evil3:

WoW ! A free piece of software won't update for a day because a server problem and your going to dump it.  High expectations or much better luck with Freeware than I've had.  I've tried most of the Pay and Free AVs progs and I keep coming back to AVG. YMMV

WoW ! A free piece of software won't update for a day because a server problem and your going to dump it.  High expectations or much better luck with Freeware than I've had.  I've tried most of the Pay and Free AVs progs and I keep coming back to AVG. YMMV

well no mine has been screwing up off and on since about .......i think like a week ago then it stopped and now it has started again along with yours. and everyone elses in this thread

dn0 : Don't do the manual update I did this one time & had to uninstall AVG & reinstall it to get the automatic update to work again.It might not do the same to your system but I advise against the AVG manual update.

Thanks, cholla, I will avoid the manual update.

And I am not going to give up on AVG, it is a good av prog, just having a few issues lately.

I'm sure they figure it out. Probably some piece o' sh!t spammers attacking them, or something.

hey by the way is avast any good? i not going to get it untill i have to get rid of avg if it is any good just wondering about it

its alright i prefer AVG  :D Avast would be my second pick  (also free just like AVG unless you you want to buy it)

sup billybob12345

i see you live in kansas. what town?

i used to live in dodge city