memory help

sundevil13

sundevil13 the system properties general tab shows the total system RAM on my ME os.

it is also shown on my system information window & in Direct X diagnostic window..it also show in the BIOS screen after a shutdown & start.

If you have XP I understand it even identifies it RAM better .If you still can't do it there is a software program called Everst that I know will.It will even give you the serial # off of each stick.

how do you get more storage?

Hard drives are pretty cheap nowadays.  :)

Depends on the type, but you can get a 40 or 60 GB for around or under 100 bucks.  I'd stay away from Samsung, western digital and Quantum.  Had problems with some drives from these manufacturers.

In last Sundays Best Byuy add they had a 160 GB for $49.99 after rebate.But before you decide thats what you need how large is the one you have? How much of it are you using.you don't need to buy one if you don't need more storage.

can you give me a ballpark queses. on how much they are

i have 38.2 i have 27.0 left

Check these out: Internal Hard Drives

Prices may vary when going to a cash and carry store around your local area, but here is an idea of what you could be spending.

Each of the drives listed are Ultra ATA 133, 8MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3.5" Form Factor.

oh never thought about that thnx one quick question....how do i tell if i do

Well, normally, it's your onboard video card that Windows allocates additional memory to. You need to configure it through your bios.

There may be other things that you can share memory with, but I can't recall right now.  :D