memory help

sundevil13

you may have already posted this but how much did you even have before and how much did you put in...im just curious since my comp. amount of ram is 128mb but it shows up as 126mb

lmao....still don't know why....

I had that same problem before i put my memory upgrade in because i use to have 256mb but would only show up as 254mb putting more memory in fixed it for me.

cak46 thats expensive $100 for a 40 or 60GB, i just got a 200GB Maxtor DMAX 10 for $110. sundevil13 if you want a big hard drive but not expensive hard drive check out http://newegg.com you can get a 120GB for like $70.

Yeah, I linked to newegg in an earlier post. They have a 200Gig SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series drive with 8MB cache, Ultra ATA-133, 7200RPM, etc. for $93.00. It's OEM, but that's not a problem. :D

One's memory. The other is storage. Completly different things. ;)

Actually, both are storage mediums. There are a few different types of memory.

Some, like computer memory, BIOS and even some cartridge based video games use volital memory. E.g.: they need a constant power source to keep the contents in memory.

There is also non-volital memory which does not need constant power like digital camera memory and other devices that use memory cards or sticks.

Yeah, I linked to newegg in an earlier post. They have a 200Gig SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series drive with 8MB cache, Ultra ATA-133, 7200RPM, etc. for $93.00. It's OEM, but that's not a problem. :D

yeah that sounds like a good deal and btw if you do get a hd make sure it's at least 7200RPM  because my hd is the originall that came with this pc and it is only a 5200RPM and i would now recommend a at least 7200RPM

I would not go with Samsung........ Had one that failed after about a year or so.......  Maxtor or Seagate, all the way, for me anyway.........  :)