Ad-Aware Help

VampireXxX

Hi, as you can see this is my 1st msg....I wanna ask about ad-aware, after scanned i got 127 critical objects, I quarantine all and delete them....the problem is window xp keep telling me win32 error....after i restored win32.dialler.saristar (102 objects total) then it works normal again. Is it safe if i delete them 'coz they have TAC rating of 7? What is win32.dialler.saristar? thx

Ok will do....thanks again...still don't understand what this win32.dialler.saritar do...read alot about them as advised by WebUser but it's made my head spinning  :? really likes 98SE better than XP...wish longhorn better than xp without microsoft spying on my pc  :twisted:

Today when i  did my routine scan with ad aware SE personal, microsoft anti syware and mcafee anti virus, microsoft found saritars.adult.dialer and some Trojan virus while ad aware as usual found win32.dialer.saritar and mcafee found none. Question is why my mcafee couldn't find this Trojan and ad aware couldn't find these saritars.adult.dialer while microsoft anti spyware could? I regularly update my softwares and using xp sp2 and norton firewall. Where did this saritars.adult.dialer come from? 'Coz i never open an adult site with this pc and nobody can access my pc. Btw FallowEarth, i did as advised and run ad aware in safe mode dan i deleted this damn win32.dialer.saritar still xp tells me win32 error.Look likes i really must read all the win32.dialer.saritar info  :cry: Forgive me for i am lazy  :oops: Thanks

Keep in mind no single ad aware / spyware program will detect all intrusions. It is best to have at least three to keep your system clean. The two best I have found are Webroot & Xoftspy.

Also, to the adult dialer being on a computer that never visits these type of sites... Pop up ads & evil cookies from seemingly decent sites will cause such a situation. Also don't forget if you are using any type of shareware (emule, limewire, etc) adult sites piggyback on these systems and have access to your computer.

tucson1960 is correct.  if you can't get it with adaware, try it with various other programs until you can. 

Xoftspy can be found here: http://paretologic.com/?id=djmweb&p=2.

You can find a download for Spybot Search & Destroy here: http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022-10122137.html?part=dl-spybot&subj=dl&tag=button

Microsoft Anti-spyware: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

Using a combination of these programs (only run one at a time) will increase your chances of removing stubborn spyware.

I have had real bad luck with McAffe (probably didn't spell it right) and XP. It does nasty things to it... Once I used Norton I have had no problems.... If you are into Free Anti Virus then AVG makes a good product, I just wasn't happy with the support, but what do ya want for free?

VampireXxX  I had a few problems with the new version of spybot .Version 1.4 I went back to 1.3 for now it works much better for me.If you have the 1.4 version DL the 1.3 try it after you uninstall

1.4 & reboot. Almost any of the antispyware programs should run in safe mode if they don't then something is wrong with the software sometimes its just the DL got corrupted while you were downloading it.Or you installed it with a program running it didn't agree with.Anytime you install any new program its a good idea to shut as many programs down as you can & your OS still operate.

FallowEarth sometimes it would freeze my OS & I would have to do a hard shutdown.I thought I would try it again in a couple of months & see if it  would work better.Probably  just something in it that didn't agree with Windows ME.The definitions are the same in 1.3 at least for now.I have adaware by Lavasoft too as well as Spyware Blaster & Sygate firewall so nothing is getting in anyway.

FallowEarth&  coknuck;  I have Ad-Aware build 1.06r1 the latest & no problems.I plan to update the Spybot S&D again I just thought I would give them some time & it could have just been a bad DL for some reason.I know I have updated  it at least 3 times before with no problems.Most of the time  Spybot doesn't find anything in my system & all Ad-Aware finds  is a  few negligable objects these are just low security  risk MRU's.I give Spyware Blaster a lot of credit for keeping spyware out.So I'm sure I'm safe  to wait & update again later.

np cholla, although spybot s&d doesn't work, i still have ms antispyware  :D well as for spybot s&d, i tried to run it in dos safe mode, fresh boot disc and c prompt from xp still have not enough memory msg. the virtual memory in xp is located in control panelperformance&maintenanceadjust visual effect. It already set to "let windows manage my virtualmemory settings", i changed it manual to 4096 max still spybot s&d won't run so i give up using spybot  :D

Yep sygate really works great rather than mcafee, in my opinion. As for AV, i still use mcafee 'coz nav messed up my pc. I'll d/l STINGER, thx 4 the advice  :D You guys are really great & I love this site  :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: already recommended to my friends  :D

The only problem left is my connection. Still not have improvement in my d/l u/l speed.