setting up FTP

itfchaos

Not sure about D Way, but do you have a router that you can enable port forwarding on?

That way you can have your buddies connect to your FTP site via another port other than 20/21.

D Way users, is this an option?

That goes figures, only direcway were the land sounds green tell you get there.

I was only going to use it for a couple of friends to check in everyonce in a while and look at some of the 3D renderings I have done. But oh well I will just put them on cd's.

But for the last 3 years hosted a very very small web site over satellite, just up until January of this year, haven't since, invested in real hosting.

Satellite is too **** slow, you'd be lucky to get 1 or 2 KB/sec from downloading/FTP'ing off of it, once I had 10 people viewing it, slowed to nothing, could'nt even do nothing, like browse.

I'm getting a good upload (for sat) at 12 to 16KB a second. When they download files from me now using sharing programs. average size of a 3D render I do is about a 5MB picture. It don't take then long to get it. I just figured they could browse an FTP folder, that way I don't have to be home to let them see what I have.