why do i get this error message when trying to post??

Buzz

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again. 

If its on the system why is it not with my post......I am the one who posted it.

I have added things to the zip file and it won't let me send it , why does it not let me( the one who sent it) modify it or over write it or even find it?!

Buzz

P.S. there is some good stuff for DW6000 users

Damn this site needs work.....I got a message "a new post was posted while you were typing a post do you want to review it before posting your new post?"  LIKE AN IDIOT I SAID YES, AND WHEN TO SEE WHAT THE POST WAS...WENT BACK AND ALL OF MY STUFF THAT WAS GOING TO BE POSTED WAS ALL GONE AGAIN.  WHATS WITH THAT...IF YOU DO ANYTHING AT ALL YOU LOOSE ALL OF YOUR MESSAGE WHEN YOU COME BACK TO IT.....I HATE TYPING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

LATER

BUZZ :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

Buzz  you need to right click on the post you are typing select all then copy.then if it disapears you can just paste it back in.If you are still losing it  paste it in notepad & save it .

I haven't tried the follwoing but you might be able to open in a new window with IE I think firefox uses a new tab.that might work

I was posting about the DW6000 from Dway in  the Dway section, and I tried to help somebody who was asking for speed help in another.....both got lost the zip files were xptweak.zip and the LCCU file from Dway.

This morning I renamed them again to Ricks_xptweak.zip and they finally got there, a few people are trying out these settings.....I hope they work as good for them as they do for me.

Buzz

Damn this site needs work.....I got a message "a new post was posted while you were typing a post ...

The forum  tells you that so that you know that someone has made a post while you were writing your post.  This is so you can review your post...  I don't know about you, but I like to know when someone has made a post... sometimes when that happens your question has been answered and the post you were writing wouldn't make sense.

The site doesn't need work in that aspect... it is set to do that on purpose.  The forum is also set to allow users to go back to cached pages, you may need to look at the settings in your browser because for myself if I click back it doesn't erase my text.  Trust me I understand and empathize with your frustration... it drives me nuts when I'm at a site and I click back and everything I have written is erased.

I just now tested this in Firefox 1.0.4 and Internet Explorer 6 -- I did a "Reply" typed some text, hit preview and typed more text, hit preview again then clicked back.  Firefox had no problem and IE said "Warning: Page has Expired" ...  "click the Refresh button" I did and the text was still there.  So it's not my site, it may be a setting in your browser.

I still usually copy my text (especially on a large post) just in case there is a problem... I do that on all sites.  I have seen that problem even on Yahoo! before.

So did you get the file uploaded okay??

I got the file uploaded to your site this morning, after I renamed it again.....I was wondering were the file went that disappeared (into the magical bit bucket?)....if not you will have to clean up after me because I don't know where they went to do the clean up myself...sorry about that.

I was tired last night so it was more irritating than normal to do the typing over again......I just will remember to right click and save before leaving the screen I am on....or I will open a new window. NOT AS BIG A DEAL AS I MADE OUT.

The files were the Dway LCCU files and XPtweak.zip from SpeedGuide.net.....these really have helped my system get up to speed even when the bandwidth traffic is heavy.....I have the DW6000 so there is not a lot you can do for your speed......That's what the post was about....thanks for you input.

Later

Buzz

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again.

If its on the system why is it not with my post......I am the one who posted it.

I went back to an older post that I'd made with an attached picture and copied the picture to my desktop. Reason being is that I was planning on posting the picture in another thread as additional help for a member as the subject had come up again. Well, as we all know, every time that you post a pic, it's stored in the space allocated by the server.

Well, if the older picture is named "everest_1.jpg", I won't be able to post another picture/file of any kind with that exact same name/extension combination. That's why you got the error. The attachment can have the same name, but not the same name & extension together. (name = everest_1 . jpg <---extension)

There are thousands of users here, so you are definitely going to come across attachments with the same name. In this case, you obviously did.