Custom tests and counting for the archive

ice

Is this possible? I made one with a 6MB file, and I get much better results

than the 2992 file here, and I was just wondering if it was possible to make

those tests count in my archive as well. Maybe not, because I can see how

people would abuse it or something. I get about 7200kb/s on the test I made,

compared to the 3200 I get when I test with the largest file here. I'll show

some exact results later.

Well I already have SQL logging... but not on the version of the test you are using, sign up for an account at http://www.testmy.net/gen.html and email me your login name and the location where you have the files on your server, also email me a link to a webpage that you would like me to use as a template for what the test pages will look like. My scripts will put it all together and will log.

You get much better results off of your file because we already established that your ISP has a bad route to my server... remember ;-)

You will be able to pull logs for people who run tests via your front end to my site... it's a very cool system, and has been working great for months.

Let me know that info and I will further customize your test.

Well I already have SQL logging... but not on the version of the test you are using, sign up for an account at http://www.testmy.net/gen.html and email me your login name and the location where you have the files on your server, also email me a link to a webpage that you would like me to use as a template for what the test pages will look like. My scripts will put it all together and will log.

You get much better results off of your file because we already established that your ISP has a bad route to my server... remember ;-)

You will be able to pull logs for people who run tests via your front end to my site... it's a very cool system, and has been working great for months.

Let me know that info and I will further customize your test.

I know my ISP has a shit route, I never said I didn't know why I got bad results here :) Seems it's only me though, the other RCN customers get much better here most of the time.

I don't have a server, I just used a file that I found on ATi's website, used to update drivers.

Yeesh, I'm not trying to 20MB file. I tried the 2MB one and got these horrid results.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 742 Kbps about 0.7 Mbps (tested with 2304 KB)

Download Speed is:: 91 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 13 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 11.25 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=VGGMXD7BY

Bleh :) Nice site, though.

Guest Anonymous

ty ice :) Atleast site is not bad for a newbie webdesigner hehe

I checked the log when you was testing, had it in background so i see when somone test, there was big packetloss 1st 1 MB then in the end you was up over 200 KB/s.

I used a big send buffer, so i changed back now to win defult, try again and see if it helps :)

VanBuren

Guest Anonymous

Dern :( Well tnx for the feedback ice :) , i increased the sendbuffer instead now, twice as big as the 1st test you made, it would be interesting to see how it works now

VanBuren :)

:oops::oops::oops:

dern im so used to get to login page when i reply lol

VanBuren :)

This is the only section of the forums where login isn't required... I want anyone to be able to post suggestions....

.... why don't you use "Auto Login" anyways ... :-P

ahhhh.. okay then :) ~~ lemme know if you ever want a custom test set up :wink:

Pretty cool huh?? free help,I cant even get free air in my tires anymore:( I had frogotten about that template for testing....Thats why CA3LE GUY'S king of the test sites:)

8) Microwave