Router Help Again

ok last night i set me Router back to Factory Defaults and set everything back so me and my brother can go online. But on this MMORPG i play now its disconnected like every 5-15 second now when i use to get dropped every maybe 3-4 hours and im stumped on why. Also my router is a Linksys BEFSR41 and i know the game uses port 10060 it says timed out sometimes so i assume thats what it needs. Thank you for any help on the matter guys it much appreciated.

make sure you have the latest firmware installed for the router:

http://www.linksys.com/download/firmware.asp?fwid=3

also make rules to open the ports the game needs.

also if you can get the ip of where the game connects. you could run a tracert, and a ping test. to see what average connection you get to it. and packetloss if any..

if you post the name of the MMORPG, i should be able to get that info for you if you can't find it.

Ports:

1. 9528/tcp

2. 9958/tcp

3. 5816/tcp

hopefully the firmware will fix this for you. i had an issue like the same once with EVE Online. Linksys kept dropping me, firmware fixed it. but now i'm on a Cisco Router, no drops crashes, restarts but $500 price tag :)

Nope, it's Port Forward.

I also suggest that you turn your computer in a static IP Adress, (Like 192.168.1.110) and setup DMZ for that. It'll bypass everything.

Hmm, I have Conquer Online as well, there is no issue with it though.

find out what your pcs ip is first off

start > run > cmd

ipconfig /all

then for that router page. you want to input

Name them whatever you want "Game 1" etc for the app name.

put in the port number, select tcp

enter the last 3 digits of your ip. and click enable..

save or restart the router if you need to..

With the nic card, you can't change your ip provided by your ISP, it's through control panel  then network connections then your nic card, then find the tcp/ip and change it there...

Should look like this.

IP Address - 192.168.1.110

Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway - 192.168.1.1

Preferred DNS Server - 192.168.1.1

That should take care of the static ip, which btw... Will make your startups faster, have less trouble with ip conflicts, and will open you up for the DMZ feature.  :)

Bah, was half asleep when I wrote this.

Alright i put that info in the NIC card then in my Router and it gives me conflicting IP Address problems and also when i put that info on the nic card i could no longer connect to the net so i put my internet cable back in the NIC so i can type this. Thank you for all your help though as of far

Alright i put that info in the NIC card then in my Router and it gives me conflicting IP Address problems and also when i put that info on the nic card i could no longer connect to the net so i put my internet cable back in the NIC so i can type this. Thank you for all your help though as of far

Are you connected to your router now or directly to your cable modem?

If you are connected to your router:

Get to a cmd prompt and type ipconfig /all

Note the DNS entries, your gateway ip and your ip. 

Now, type ipconfig /release_all

This command releases your dynamically assigned ip address (from your router)

Now, close the command windows.  Go to your tcp settings under your network connection ("Local connection", I believe)

Change to static addressing, assign the ip that was originally assigned to you (from the ipconfig info from command above), add the dns entries that you noted from the ipconfig /all where you assign the dns servers, then add your gateway that you got from the ipconfig above.  Now, reboot and see what happens.

Note:  You may have to disable DHCP on your router to successfully assign static ips, but I think your problem is the dns entries are incorrect.

I have a Linksys befsx41, Same as yours only a firewall router.  My port forwarding is under Applications and Gaming Port Range Forwarding.  You can just put in the same port number for start and end.  I can't help you much with gaming, since I don't do any of it, but find out the application name (or try naming it anything, as reisis suggests), and what service (tcp, udp, that it needs then enable it on you static ip address that you set up (hopefully)..    Here is a print of my port range forwarding screen....

After you specify an IP address in the TCP/IP properties of your local area connection, you should shut down your PC, disconnect power to the router, wait a moment, reconnect power to the router, and then bring up your PC.  This way you can specify the IP and there won't be any miscommunication to the router regarding the IP addresses.

As far as IP assignment, I'd leave the router as is unless you can't connect to the internet with a static ip.  You can assign a static ip to your machine on your local lan, just as long as you don't have another machine or device with the same ip either assigned (by the router) or set statically.  If you assign a static ip, just stay within the range set for the router, say use ip # 192.168.1.146 for your computer.  Try the instructions I gave above prior to changing the router from dhcp enabled to disabled, but use the ip I mention here.

ok last night i set me Router back to Factory Defaults and set everything back so me and my brother can go online. But on this MMORPG i play now its disconnected like every 5-15 second now when i use to get dropped every maybe 3-4 hours and im stumped on why. Also my router is a Linksys BEFSR41 and i know the game uses port 10060 it says timed out sometimes so i assume thats what it needs. Thank you for any help on the matter guys it much appreciated.

Here is his router.... :roll:

Okay okay, if you're still there, I have something else, that I've even neclected to try myself, which now it apparently works.

www.portforward.com This stuff is the MmmmMmmm good.

Unfortunately! They don't have Conquest Online specific instructions for you.  :cry:

What they do have, is the right way to setup a static IP address,  with this link.

http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

Please note that this is for Windows XP, if you don't have XP please replace the letters xp in that url with either 2k (Windows 2000), me (Windows ME), or with 98 (Windows 98).

Hope this helps.

You're getting there, and number between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.50 is a static IP Address says Linksys, so I'd suggest placing it at .10 now.

Also, Linksys reports that if Port Forwarding doesn't work then you may use Port Triggering in the same way, and see if that helps.