Battle of the consoles

FallowEarth

Which one will will prove to be the best?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will will prove to be the best?

• Microsoft XBox 360
    • Sony Playstation 3
    • Nintendo Revolution

:haha: :haha: Buy out Sony... thats funny. :haha: And Net your right, Nintendo did not grow up with their fan base, I think the average age of gamers is 24 now so Nintendos gotta grow up. But they make HIGH quality first party games no one can deny that.

Here is a FACT XBOX, PLAYSTATION 2, GAMECUBE:

Console sales by 2006

Playstation 2: 118.2 million

GameCube: 54.1 million

Xbox: 43.8 million

Since the console went on sale in March 2000 in Japan, more than 40 million units have been sold worldwide.

"Sony used the experience gained from the original Playstation, its year-plus head start to market, and its formidable marketing operation to create the fasted-selling game console in history," said the In-Stat report.

"And Sony will not lose that advantage in this generation of consoles. It has the largest installed base in all the regions of the world, sells the most software, and has one of the best marketing organisations in the consumer electronics business.

"Sony will be a very difficult champion to dethrone," said In-Stat.

Recent price cuts have intensified the competition between the consoles. Gamers can look forward to further reductions, as Sony seeks to maintain its dominance, and Microsoft and Nintendo battle for second place.

by: BBC NEWS

XBOX SUCKS  :haha: :haha:

@dlewis23- Don't worry, because everybody who buys a next-gen system is going to be making their wallets cry like babies. It's also rumored that games are going to have to cost $60 to make up for increased production costs. I think that some games will still cost $50, but only if it's made by a developer with a lot of PC experience. Anyways, here's some info about the PS3's HDD:

In recent interviews with the Japanese press, Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi said that he expects the initial capacity of the PS3's hard drive to be 80GB. While Sony hasn't released any figures on how much its hard drive is expected to be priced at, a 2.5-inch 80GB in the current Japanese market costs around an average of 20,000 yen ($180). Sony sells its 40GB hard drive (SCPH-20401) for the PlayStation 2 for 10,479 yen ($95).

Source: GameSpot

@netmasta- Nintendo's Revolution, (which, by the way, is the only console that won't be supporting HD, [link]) has only 221 games confirmed for download so far, [link, but the price hasn't. It's rumored by most to be around $5-10, but Satoru Iwata has proposed another way of getting the games out there:

Iwata took a similarly ambiguous tone vis-

Thanks for the links. I knew about the HD thing. To me, and probably a lot of other people, the gameplay matters more than the graphics.

From what one of the articles said, it seems like copyright problems are holding back more realeases. I imagine compatibility also has something to do with it. They'll probably get around that easily though. They have before, e.g.: SMB 1-3 ported to the SNES and GBA's Classic NES series.

To me, and probably a lot of other people, the gameplay matters more than the graphics.

Word.  Games (like movies) that are designed around the technology of the day are only novelties, and without the gameplay or storyline to back them up they fizzle out pretty quickly--as quickly as the next one of its type comes out.  The games that last through the ages are the ones where you are so engrossed that you forget entirely about the graphics quality.  I still pick up the NES the odd rainy day to play some Super Mario, Super Spike V-Ball, or Blades of Steel, or the SNES for some Chrono Trigger, or the n64 for some Zelda.  Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft each have to ante up with the specs of their respective consoles as the bar is raised and the market advances, but since the playing field is pretty close to level, it boils down to gameplay for me. 

I like what Nintendo is doing with the whole retro/throwback thing; it's a really good marketing strategy because neither the Playstation nor the Xbox have the history to even think about joining in that competition.  As far as whether or not Nintendo has grown with its gamers--myself being one of them--as long as they continue to put prettier faces on the same games, I'll be interested (maybe I'm a sucker??).

Thanks for the links. I knew about the HD thing. To me, and probably a lot of other people, the gameplay matters more than the graphics.

Yea, for me, too, but I'd still like to see the technology increase as rapidly as possible. The faster the future can come the better. If more companies and such made HD standard and included it in everything they do, we'd eventually get to the point where everything is in HD and would scoff at all the non-HD things. Kinda like if you watch a movie on VHS after watching it on DVD. Every once in awhile, when I do that, and it messes up and a line go down over the screen, and I can hear the VHS player running, I'll just groan and wonder how I ever put up with it back when VHS was standard. Same for dial-up.

Basically, I just don't want to see this backfire on Nintendo, because most of the quirky, unique, (but a lot of the time, crappy), console games come out on Nintendo's systems.

• 4 weeks later...