omfg another problem

thanks for the help and btw i asked him to get everest to show me (since i like everest more than pcpitstop) and he said ok....and he asked me what cpu usage was.....just from that i doubt he will be able to do anything....he also said that if i had a ps1 system he could turn it into a pc faster than most of todays pentium 4's......... :whaa:

billybob12345 What are you trying to get everest to show you?I couldn't tell from the post.

Does the sensor key ineverest show temperature? I know it does in some PC's it doesn't in mine so either mine doesn't have a sensor or its not working.

I ask because it sounds like your buddy wants to overclock your PC .If you OC you sure need to be able to know your PC's temp.Read the Temperature topic because if you OC you will need better cooling at least better internal fans including a CPU fan which you probably don't have right now.

There is always some risk of frying your motherboard & before someone posts I know some are able to OC with great success but some have problems too.

So find out what he intends to do to your PC then web surf & check out the changes he plans to your PC before doing them.And go slow try one at a time to see if it causes problems.

but yea he got it all figured out....and he said he's just going to wait and go to our local pc shop (what a geek) and have them just build him a custom gaming pc and he will jsut pick stuff out and pay for it.......thnx

billybob12345 What are you trying to get everest to show you?I couldn't tell from the post.

Does the sensor key ineverest show temperature? I know it does in some PC's it doesn't in mine so either mine doesn't have a sensor or its not working.

yeah my everest shows the temp.....so your's doesn't????  :?: wonder why.....

billybob12345  I'm guessing my PC doesn't have a temp sensor.Or it doesn't work.It could be turned off somewhere in the BIOS I will have to look.Since I'm not overclocking I doubt if my PC is overheating.

On your friends PC build sounds like he's doing it the right way I didn't think he was going to build his own boards .