Official PCMark

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt purchase a license key, just had to install Windows Mediaplayer 10 and WMEncoder 9 and it worked for me

VanBuren :)

I kept getting the message that Windows Media Encoder 9 would be required in order for the program to run properly, but I went into Add&Remove and saw that both programs were there, so I ran the tests.

This is to all you AMD guys, i am hear to prove to you that when a intel system is setup right it can beat anything. I have a 2.8GHz P4 with 1GB of ram and a BFG 6800 128MB no OC'ing. and organ_shifter "pcmark 05 score right above me" has a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ and 1GB of ram with a ATI 9700Pro. Now if you take a look at my score compared to him i am 777 marks better then him. Now on a processor that is suppose to be sugnifently better then mine, i kicked its ass. So this proves that a intel system when setup right can kick any AMD 64.

This is to all you AMD guys, i am hear to prove to you that when a intel system is setup right it can beat anything. I have a 2.8GHz P4 with 1GB of ram and a BFG 6800 128MB no OC'ing. and organ_shifter "pcmark 05 score right above me" has a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ and 1GB of ram with a ATI 9700Pro. Now if you take a look at my score compared to him i am 777 marks better then him. Now on a processor that is suppose to be sugnifently better then mine, i kicked its ass. So this proves that a intel system when setup right can kick any AMD 64.

I'm glad that you are happy with your scores, but how can you be proud?

Just so you don't get it twisted, AMD processors are way faster than Intel's garbage. Just becuase you beat my score, which came from a system with low budget, high latency memory and a way out of date video card doesn't change the fact the AMD holds the throne of the fastest processors on the planet.

PCMark

i've alwyas wanted an AMD processor...my old comp had a p4 and my new one has a P-m.  Pentium M is probably one of the best processors i've ever used, and its very light on power consumption.

Although, if i made a desktop, im 99.9999% sure i would use an Athlon 64...I've heard that intel processors are good for some things, but in most things AMD smokes intel.  Plus, amd is cheaper :)

anyways...yea...pc mark isnt workign for me either. says i need windows media 9 encoding or later, yet I have windows media player 10.  i dont really feel like downgrading just to get my score :roll:

i've alwyas wanted an AMD processor...my old comp had a p4 and my new one has a P-m. Pentium M is probably one of the best processors i've ever used, and its very light on power consumption.

Although, if i made a desktop, im 99.9999% sure i would use an Athlon 64...I've heard that intel processors are good for some things, but in most things AMD smokes intel. Plus, amd is cheaper :)

anyways...yea...pc mark isnt workign for me either. says i need windows media 9 encoding or later, yet I have windows media player 10. i dont really feel like downgrading just to get my score :roll:

You need this program to run the PCMark05 properly. It's not an old version of Windows Media Player, it's the encoding tool that WMP uses.

It's called Windows Media Encoder 9. :) It won't change the player at all.

get it here: Windows Media Encoder 9 Series

AMD is not great at all in my experience, my dad has an Athlon(or duron) 1300 or so while I have a Celeron 1400 or so, he runs like he's still on our slow 200 mhrz, it's crap.

Could be the OS bogging it down. Durons aren't all that great, you could say Celeron are a bit better than those, but for quality: Get neither.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...