dialup help

testmyisgreat

i have a dialup internet service and i need some help. after about 10minutes of being connected i get disconnected and booted of my connection, and to connect again i have to rebooot. then i have to keep deleting now connections that come up and they are called tibs(number here). everytime i delete one connection called tibs lets say tibs 1, then tibs 2 comes up. i have gotten all the way up to tibs 56 and it still won't get rid of..i know it's spyware because i've had this before but now it wont get rid of it when i use spybot s&d , adaware se, my avg free or anything even online scans and i have tryed in safe mode too..what else is there to do?  or to at least fix the problem with the reboot to connect part. and i have already contacted my isp and they haven't a clue.  help plz

testmyisgreat: I will have to see if I can find something on the tibs problem.It looks like a virus so its a system problem.I can usually help with tweaking dial-up.So I will see what I can find & edit

I don't know if you can even stay connected long enough to download the 2 programs I am going to suggest.

If you can DL them & use them as suggested below.You need to disable your System Restore before going to safe mode the virus may be hiding there if you disable System Restore Your antivirus should get rid of it in safe mode.With it disabled the virus that may be in system restore will be gone.Then run your antispyware in safe mode at the same time.Do this even if you can't DL the 2 programs I suggested.Then reboot into normal & see if you can connect & stay connected without the tib showing up.

First you need two programs(freeware) you can download they are Stinger &CW Shredder.then start your system in safe mode.All this will be done in safe mode.Run your AV let it clean what it can,run CW Shredder,Run Stinger,then run your anti spyware program clean what it finds.Restart your PC to normal

mode run your AV program to see if it finds any more viruses .

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html

testmyisgreat :Spybot S&D is supposed to remove the TIBS dialer according to their site.

Aparrently TIBS is a dialer that you need to get out of you OS.You need to call you phone company that your dialup is through & see if you are making high cost calls through this dialer.

this is something you should do immeadiatly.There is all kinds of information on removing the dialer I really don't know what is correct.But I am including somethings I think might work.

This is a link to a remover I don't know if it works.

http://labs.paretologic.com/spyware.aspx?remove=TIBS%20Dialer

Manual Removal

Follow these steps to remove TIBS from your machine.  Begin by backing up your registry and your system, and/or setting a Restore Point, to prevent trouble if you make a mistake. 

Remove Files:

Remove these files (if present) with Windows Explorer:

win.com

win.com-336c371f.pf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About TIBS

TIBS is a dialer program that dials premium-rate phone number to acess adult sites. The program is distributed via spam email.

How to Remove TIBS ?

Remove this spyware using Shield Deluxe

Follow these instructions to remove this spyware from your computer:

Restart your computer to safe mode. (Press F8 when Windows start up.)

Search for and delete the following folders:

C:Program FilesWebSiteViewer

Open Windows Explorer, in the address bar type %temp% and press ente to open the system temp folder. Delete the file tim??.tmp.exe. Note: the ?? is some random characters. You can also delete all the file in this folder.

Delete all the shorcuts of TIBS from your desktop and Start menu.

r