New to the forum...whaddya guys think?

Used the 12MB download test:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 10056 Kbps about 10.1 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1228 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Fri Jul 01 2005 16:46:19 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 180X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.83 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 179.26 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KHTS574L8

Used the 1.5MB upload test:

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1865 Kbps about 1.9 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 228 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Fri Jul 1 16:52:35 PDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 33X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 4.49 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 445.32 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-60YBZHAEF

No these are not fakes.  Im on the 10/2 plan.

Yea... Is it just me or does anyone else think those speeds are uncapped, especially since Comcast offers a max of 6MB/768K plan

That is true. I didnt even see what service he has. i just read "No these are not fakes.  Im on the 10/2 plan."

hmmm i know comcast havent upgarded again YET

I was on the old attbi network.  At that time I was paying $79 for an 7 or 8mb plan, I dont remember which.  When Comcast took over the speeds went up.  Im still paying $79 (plus $3 modem lease).

I dont think there are many people with Cable internet around here, so maybe they have it because they figure they have enough bandwidth?

Either way, Im not complaining.

Welcome to the forum pacman, dont mind these guys anytime someone toasts their speeds they say its uncapped. :haha: :haha: Jealous bastards. Anyway nice speeds, hope you like it here tell your friends. If you havent tweeked that connection yet look up VanBuren he can probably squeeze a lil more out for ya. :D

Welcome to the forum pacman, dont mind these guys anytime someone toasts their speeds they say its uncapped. :haha: :haha: Jealous bastards. Anyway nice speeds, hope you like it here tell your friends. If you havent tweeked that connection yet look up VanBuren he can probably squeeze a lil more out for ya. :D

Hey there,

I tried using cablenuts, however since I couldnt find settings that mathced my connection I used "custom ones" from a site that I found on here (i forgot the name as I just woke up).  My speeds actually dropped to around 9500kbs so I removed the tweaks.  Im pretty sure its my own fault though.

No biggie.  Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ive heard a little about this plan. From what i understand, the 10mb/2mb is a mini upgrade to test the network integrity because they have compleatly upgraded the network to docsis 2.0 form 1.0. This should only be in place for a little while because comcast/adelphia is upgrading to 16mb/2mb. only time will tell.

LOL yeah shug's right...we're just mostly jealous is all. 

Hey there,

I tried using cablenuts, however since I couldnt find settings that mathced my connection I used "custom ones" from a site that I found on here (i forgot the name as I just woke up).  My speeds actually dropped to around 9500kbs so I removed the tweaks.  Im pretty sure its my own fault though.

No biggie.  Thanks for the warm welcome.

I don't think it's your fault, it happened to me too, that just happens for some people, tweaking doesn't work for everybody.  My download speeds are always 1995-2005 Kbps but when I tweaked I went down to about 1750 Kbps, I left it tweaked for a few days and tested it a whole lot, then I untweaked it and my connection was back to normal.