Cable Modem Comparisons

i am currently using a COMCAST WEBSTAR modem to a linksys router,

i also have a motorola Surfboard sb1400

i was wondering if theres any way u could recommend which is the better 1

for runing svrs and such, being that if i switch to the motorola if its better i wont be able to use the webstar anymore and vise versa

is there mnaybe sum way to compare the 2?

thanks

Edit by RTB: Renamed the thread to prevent confusion.

i am currently using a Comcast WEBSTAR modem to a linksys router,

for runing svrs and such, being that if i switch to the motorola if its better i wont be able to use the webstar anymore and vise versa

thanks

So the title should be Cable Modem Comparison. And to answer your question I'll just stick with the Webstar. :)

i read the post u mnade in the "best modem" 1 and u suggested a scienfic alta, where can i get 1, and about how much are they?

I didn't make that forum Pitbull did. From your provider if or bestbuy and also a Webstar is a Scientific Atlanta. I have the DPC2100 Series and looks like this http://support.Cox.com/sdccommon/asp/contentredirect.asp?sprt_cid=dc0db0cf-c63c-4210-9785-313714f5fdca

:)

i am currently using a Comcast WEBSTAR modem to a linksys router,

thanks

To test between the two modems I would suggest connecting directly to one modem, try a couple of test here at testmy.net, then connect directly to the other, try the same tests, and compare results.  Before testing, be sure to have power off to each modem, hook your ethernet cable from your PC to it, then power it up.