internet connection

drtauseef

after rebooting the whole system and restarting the modem, it speed ups for 1-2 hours and then internet failed to connect. so is my vonage. internet provider changed my modem first , now now they are saying either its the vonage router that is giving problem and u are using lots of bandwidth. i check all the spyware,and get my router checked thorugh vonage. no problem was found. i need help.

thanks

Try connecting the modem directly to the computer(no vonage router) and see if it works. If that doesn't unplug everything and turn your computer off for 12 hours. This should let your modem and the router reset itself(normally done for 30 seconds). Only advice I can give.... Hope it helps.

i have cox cable VPN. i disconnected my router( vonage). connected modem directly to the computer, upload speed 580 and downloadtest speed connection was 3670. after 1 hour speed went down and internet connection is virtually dead. this has been happening for few days. after reseting every thing( restarting the computer, modem , router, ) it picks up the speed and then after a while it just become dead. Very frustrating. no spyware detected on yahoo spyware,spybot, no virus detected through AVAST. .............