Port Forwarding is not working, neither is DMZ

resijs

Linksys support is just a group of bozos, I have so far gotten everything myself with out any of their help, however now I'm at a platinum plated wall that's needin' a drillin'.  :roll:

Gunz Online requires port 7700 forwarded on routers, however it won't work. DMZ has the same issue.

Direct connection with out the router shows no problems.

MTU - 1500

Router - Linksys WRT54G version 3

Firmware - v4.00.7

Static IP Address is set at 192.168.1.10 .

[move]Help me![/move]

Bit of an update, but it turns out it is client side that the program can not run through a router, so I just got rid of the game entirely, not a big loss though, I was level 52 out of level 50. (2 levels more then the last level!)

Note: you can update your post without double posting...just click the modify button :)

too bad u chucked the game over a crap router!!!!

i woulda reset to factory, set for DHCP, then allowed the network to find itself.

I MAYBE Woulda replaced the NIC's if it didn't work then.

BUT, most routers today are "plug n play" for REAL.

If u think bout getting your game going again, post, i'll lend u some router help.

I prefer linksys.

lol i had sum problems like that but with a diff game, port forwarding was pointles but have u tried the port range forwarding and port trigering, or just the forwarding options, and no mater what ur prolly gona have to set up ur router to use the dhcp instead of static and static routing, if u are static routing i take it ur looking more towards the speed aproach of setup, if thats really the case, then u might want to get rid of the router it self and look more towards a "GiGabyte Switch or sumthing like it" it protects u and gives str8 internet to ur pc's no wan,gateway nothing!

and i suggest upgrading to Cat6 cables"a lil overkill but" reduced me about 11ms in ping and increased the threashold,

my pops says theres sumthing inside xp a menu"advanced tcp/ip setings in theres a menu for tcp/ip filtering, generaly used with sataic setups" if thats any help u might be able to opne the port there

Cron, thanks for the suggestions but I've already tried all of those.

I have always used CAT6 wires, port triggering, port forwarding etc is no good, and you have that backwards, you need a static ip to use them and not dhcp, this is a WRT54G Wireless G Broadband Router, there's only one router provided that's more powerful, even then it doesn't matter, it wouldn't help the situation.

apparently THIS router isn't helping your situation, i think i understood u to say your using a g and a b router inline, maybe one is  backwards compatible???? if not, get NIC's that are g/b compatible..

otherwise, it sounds to me as if that router needs returned, and replaced.

if it's the SOFTWARE, then search for known bugs, otherwise, your SOL....

wow, everyone is so damn touchy

Who ever told me to press modify, I think I've mentioned it in a different thread, I'm unable to do that.  :evil6:

There isn't anything else besides Wireless B-G-A on the market, and their all compatible, this is certainly an issue with the software, and their not willing to fix it because for some strange reason, they believe that no one uses routers.

but they ask that port to be forwarded?

what i think is going on, is your using the router, and software firewalls, maybe XP's if so,

go to the XP firewall settings and also enable your port for tcp/ip.

if your using stuff like blackice, tinypersonal fire wall, or some 3rd party firewall, do the same,

otherwise, that's silly.

MOST GAMERS have routers, i'd say about 99% that i know have a router..

the other 1% have their own slackware routers.

I have almost the same problem with dlink. When ever I change anything like port forwarding or DMZ the router drops the connection to it and I can't access it via 192.168.0.1. I have no idea why but then sometimes it comes back up and when it does the changes didn't change lol. And when it doesn't I have to press the reset button on it to get it to work again. I just forgot about messing with it since I have been trying for over a year to get a server working through it and nothing. And without it the server works fine.

Who ever told me to press modify, I think I've mentioned it in a different thread, I'm unable to do that. :evil6:

yes you are able to modify your own posts...the button is right next to the quote button...go ahead...don't be afraid...modify...  :shock:

why is everyone trying to fix this guys problem...he's stated repeatedly that he doesn't want to fix it, even tho in his first post he had a marquee that said "help me" he doesn't want help...i don't know why he even posted this...maybe just to let others know he had this problem just in case they are having the same problem...but bottom line is...he doesn't want to fix it!!...period...

btw...not just for resi3js but anyone that thinks they can't modify their own posts after they post...everyone has a modify button...right next to your quote button ...which is in the upper right hand corner of your post...only in YOUR posts

You press modify and it gives me an error, what's done is done, I already fixed it and now it's too late.

I'm sorry I made this thread, but it was before I called Linksys, I was hoping to see if anyone else also had Gunz Online with a router and if they had the same issue.

You press modify and it gives me an error, what's done is done, I already fixed it and now it's too late.

I'm sorry I made this thread, but it was before I called Linksys, I was hoping to see if anyone else also had Gunz Online with a router and if they had the same issue.

yep...that's what i said...i thought maybe you just wanted to see if anyone else had this prob...or to alert anyone else that had this system to this issue :D i thought fixin it was prob a moot issue...but don't be sorry u started the thread...cuz somebody else might encounter the same prob...in which case you can help them fix it :)

• 2 months later...