Fluctuating Connection Speed + Router??

Tyee

I have a DW6000 system with a Signal Strength that is normally around 74-75.  I use a D-LInk router that I use in a wireless capacity for my laptop but am hard wired to my PC through the router.  My connection speed has been fluctuating between 1300 and 113 - a very wide range to be bouncing and things really get excessively sluggish at the lower end.  My e-mail (Outlook) is timing out, I get bad network messages when browsing - not good.  What might be causing this wide range of connection speeds?  I've run Ad-Aware and Spycatcher - deleted a few things but it didn't seem to help any.  Yesterday the web accelerator went TU and I had to go through the whole reregistration routine.  Everytime I get on with a DW technician, they have me disconnect the router and plug the PC directly into the modem but it doesn't seem to help the fluctuating connection speeds.  Any thoughts??  Much appreciated.

FattyMcBluff - I tried surfing while the web accelerator was not functioning and it would not connect at all so I think there was a bigger underlying issue than just the web accelerator that was cleaned up through the re-registration process.

PHP - that's disturbing news.  What are their plans for providing more capacity if any?  Maybe I should have done more research before shifting over from Starband . . . no, on second thought, it's still better than what I was having to put up with from Starband.  Still a whole lot better than dial-up which is my only other option out here in the digital netherworld.

Thanks for your responses,

Tyee

Still having amazing fluctuations.  I tested once this morning at 154/19 - then tested about one minute later and got this:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1807 Kbps about 1.8 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 221 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Thu Jul 7 06:37:41 PDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 32X faster than 56K 1MB download in 4.63 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 123.36 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-M62ABR7LP

Could traffic be causing this change in connection speed of a factor of ten?  What else could be causing this?  I'm stumped. I'd be very happy with a constant 500/50.

Thanks,

Tyee