A Little Ironic

tbaker397

Did SBC Not just start offering 384-1.5/128-384 DSL for 14.95 a month? Well reading about Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka being compared to Michael Jackson, at the bottom of the page I found:

SBC Yahoo! Dial - Starting at $15.95/month for dial-up Internet access. Click here. 

Wouldn't you think that SBC would drop dial up prices. If you look at that, you are paying more for dial up than broadband from the same company!

I would guess that the costs for hardware, modem pools, connectivity, T1 T3s  to the pools, maintaining a Database for the accounts, accounting costs, hardware maintenance, ETC would be about the same for SBC be it DSL or dialup.  With the profit margins already fairly thin, competing against the $9.95 a MO guys would be foolish. Just some thoughts.  ;)  YMMV

You have to be a SBC telephone customer to get the DSL deal.I filled out their form to check on it.I got the response I expected "not available in your area".btw I am a SBC telephone customer already. My distance from the telco is too far for DSL 26600 ft I already knew that.