Linskys BEFSR41 Ip Problem

Well, i have a very bad problem with my router.  It some how now uses ip address 193..... intead of 192... as it came.  I have done nothing to it, i just went to bed and the next morning the internet was not working, so i checked it out and it seems this is the problem. Any help would really help.  I have tried holding reset button for 10 seconds but it did not reset to factory defaults :(.

Well thanks for any help given. :D

I cannot access the menu, because the ip has changed, so if i go to 192.168.1.1, it treats it as a website, so it is not found. So i put 193.168.1.1, it asks for pass and username, i put admin for pass, this does not work. :cry:

but thanks for trying to help. :D

I cannot access the menu, because the ip has changed, so if i go to 192.168.1.1, it treats it as a website, so it is not found. So i put 193.168.1.1, it asks for pass and username, i put admin for pass, this does not work. :cry:

but thanks for trying to help. :D

As I suspected, someone hacked your router and changed the password and settings  See link:https://www.speedguide.net/read_reviews.php?id=90&page=3  Note the warning.....

Unplug router from the cable modem, hold the reset for 30 or more seconds.  Now, power the router down, then bring it back up.  Do not connect it to the cable modem yet.  Connect your computer to then see if you can access the setup screens with the standard ip and password.  If you can, change your router password to at least 8 character including numbers, letters and special characters such as #$%.  After doing this and configuring anything else you need to, shut your computer down, shut the router down,  reconnect the router to the cable modem and bring that back up.  When its up, start your computer up. 

Hope this helps.

As I suspected, someone hacked your router and changed the password and settings  See link:https://www.speedguide.net/read_reviews.php?id=90&page=3  Note the warning.....

Unplug router from the cable modem, hold the reset for 30 or more seconds.  Now, power the router down, then bring it back up.  Do not connect it to the cable modem yet.  Connect your computer to then see if you can access the setup screens with the standard ip and password.  If you can, change your router password to at least 8 character including numbers, letters and special characters such as #$%.  After doing this and configuring anything else you need to, shut your computer down, shut the router down,  reconnect the router to the cable modem and bring that back up.  When its up, start your computer up. 

Hope this helps.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, but im very excited. Thank you very much. :)

i suspected someone had hacked it, :o.

Speaking of which, anyone hear about the wifi theif running around in Tampa? :haha:

Speaking of which, anyone hear about the wifi theif running around in Tampa? :haha:

resi3js:  You talking about this guy?  http://www.sptimes.com/2005/07/04/Southpinellas/Wi_Fi_cloaks_a_new_br.shtml

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, but im very excited. Thank you very much. :)

i suspected someone had hacked it, :o.

cdhotfire:  Glad that it worked and that I could help!! 

True, but if it had been read closely, it was resolved about 8 posts ago..... :whaa:

ic... I read everything when its new.. I don't look back more than a post or 2 on a topic I've already read... :shrug: