Personal Average Results don't log

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Since I've had a serious drop in my speed--at night only, but all night for 3 weeks now--and since Verizon DSL seems unable to fix or even identify the problem from the CO or Dallas or India or wherever, I persuaded them to send a technician here and I'd take a vacation day and wait. Now, this will probably be a waste because I'll test out fine--in the day. I really need this fixed, though, cause I'm so slow now I can't stay connected to a server at work. I thought I'd keep a log for a week to show them speed tests done at night. I used to get 750 Kbps (and found out that at 14,000 feet I could get an upgrade, but first things first). Now it's pitiful (see below)

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 192 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 KB)

Download Speed is:: 23 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 3 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 44.52 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=NWWWD014J

I stumbled across your site--which is great, by the way, and has a lot of potential--and the first test I did on 9/6 registered, but nothing seems to go in the database after that. Is there anything I missed? Computer ID is 625058733679. I use a Mac, which unfortunately seems to be the answer for many partially functioning or misfunctioning programs and scripts. Modem and router are pretty standard and probably not relevant.

Thanks for any ideas.

The number one reason logging does not work is the use of a firewall, either software or hardware. You're the first I know of that has a max and tests here as well :)

As for your below-par stats:

Spyware, bad internet settings, P2P sharing all could be causing it. What is your advertised download speed btw?

Very true make sure all firewalls are down --- also make sure you have a static IP

By the way, I hope I have this done soon. I will be adding a feature that will log your results under a username -- the username you have in the forum -- i have to tie some database stuff together though, and this isn't an easy task... but it is coming.