hey i have Cablenut

bOOgi mAn

6 Mbps is just the cap.  That means the MAX.  That you were getting over that indicates that you have a very healthy connection.  You will observe a degree of fluctuation as traffic varies.  I wouldn't worry about being at 5.6 or 5.7, that's still very good.  Same applies for the other post you opened (P.S. don't double post!  ;))

sorry about the double pst i forgot to meantion this on my last post

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 5458 Kbps about 5.5 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 666 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Fri Jul 08 2005 16:26:17 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 97X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.54 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 51.02 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-12ON4ZF0A

thats what i get now

this is what i used to get ( yesterday)

63125mh.jpg

Cablenut's easy.  Basically, download and install the app.  Download and run VanBuren's .ccs files.  Click 'save to registry' and reboot machine.  (somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, i haven't used it for a while and this is from memory  :confused1:)

Basically b00gi mAn, the speed difference you are having is not uncommon or bad.  Let me reiterate: nothing is wrong.  Cablenut may help you out there, but not very likely by as much as you're looking for.  It helps to boost your speed yes, but you must simplify your connection to get maximum test results.  Close IM's, close p2p's. etc.  Also, be aware that there may be more traffic on your node than yesterday when you tested, meaning that more people in your area are on the net.  But still, your connection is very good, beats the hell out of mine!

i agree with FallowEarth, that speed is great, speed change due to traffic

there is nothing more to tweak, try both version 6 and version 7 of my tweakfiles and your done

use the file closest to your cap in MSS1460 folder

VanBuren :)