Registry Help

mwgtexas

I really don't think it's a problem..... it's just one of them things that you don't want to beat you.

I've tweaked my connection using cablenut to a point that I am satisfied with the consistent DL & UL speeds I've been getting.

The problem is that after adjusting the TcpWindowSize value and after restarting my PC, the TcpWindowSize value resets to a value of 65536. All other values maintain applied tweaks.

OPSYS is XP Pro with SP2 installed. If anyone can help me out, I'm all ears and will post any other information need.

hey mwgtexas and welcome to the forum :)

you need to set Tcp1323Opts to 1 if your using a TcpWindowSize above 65535

Tcp1323Opts - This parameter controls RFC 1323 time stamps and window-scaling options. Time stamps and window scaling are enabled by default, but can be manipulated with flag bits. Bit 0 controls window scaling, and bit 1 controls time stamps.

Value Type: REG_DWORD

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

I'm wanting to change TcpWindowSize value to 64240 (Tcp1323Opts 0) which is the same value as my GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize value. Everytime I change to 64240 TcpWindowSize Resets to 65536.

If I remember correctly, TcpWindowSize value will remain as tweaked if set to a value above 65535 with Tcp1323Opts set to 1 however, test speeds diminish when I try TcpWindowSize values above 64240 (i.e. 128480).

try this

open cablenut, change DefaultReceivewindow to 64240 and set your tcpwindowsize, globalmaxtcpwindowsize to 64240

click save to registry and make a new tweaktest

also, do you have any other tweakprogram beside cablenut installed?

VanBuren :)

Results from DSL Reports.

http://ttester.broadbandreports.com/tweak/block:4bfdb46?service=cable&speed=8388&os=winXP&via=normal

Results from SG.

TCP options string = 020405b40103030001010402

MTU = 1500

MTU is fully optimized for broadband.

MSS = 1460

Maximum useful data in each packet = 1460, which equals MSS.

Default Receive Window (RWIN) = 64240

RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 0 bits

Unscaled Receive Window = 64240

RWIN is a multiple of MSS

Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:

513920 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)

256960 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 4)

128480 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)

set Tcp1323Opts to 0 cos you dont need window scaling enabled, unless your TcpWindowsize is above 65535....

the analyzer read DefaultReceivewindow as it should, can you post a screenshot of your current cablenut settings, cos i cant see how TcpWindowsize can be "reset" to 65536, thats not a windows default value and not even multiple with MSS.

also do not forget to click "save to registry" + reboot your PC after each change in cablenut ( very important )

Well, like I mentioned in the beginning, because my DL/UL speeds are consistently above ISP advertised and it's one of then things that wouldn't let sleep at night.

One thing I was thinking that be causing the problem is that I'm using XP wireless connection manager instead of the Linksys wireless network monitor. Don't know if that madders or not.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts as they were most appreciated.

Not sure whether this is relevant, but at the top of the screen print in the blue bar its showing as "Manual Tweak Screen (windows 2000)"...

yea it says the same for me, cablenut dosent have XP as a OS option in setup, its using 2000 for XP

yea it says the same for me, cablenut dosent have XP as a OS option in setup, its using 2000 for XP

Thank much, Van.  Did not know that!  :)

god damn it...........i need to go back to school..........you people make my brain rack!

hehe.......

:haha: :haha:  Just wait till you really get into it!  :haha: :haha: