What to do when inheriting a DW4000 system?

mad-eee

I just purchased a home that comes with Direcway Dish and DW4000 Modem.  I moving into the sticks with a 2Wire networked DSL system.  Can I plug DW4000 into 2Wire and maintain my network or is there more to it?  2Wire has one USB and 4 ethernet connections and as configured now, USB is empty.  I am moving at weeks end and want to be prepared for this internet change.

• 5 weeks later...

Leaving DSL for Dway,,,may I be the first to say I'm sorry for your loss...

Welcome to the world of Dway.

On the other hand if you can get the dish activated (and I do wish you the best of luck with that) it could be worse,,,,whatever you do, don't downgrade to the upgrades offered by hughes.  I'm happy with my DW400 and thank the heavens above I didn't immediately go for the slick marketing of the DW600.

As far as the other questions, whenever you network with satellite, the connection will be slowed.  If you go to broadband reports, they have a whole faq on networking with direcway.

• 1 month later...