My pc crashes while I play games. HELP.

MR-Jinxs

While others might have had success with it, that graphics card is not built for gaming. To my understanding, it was designed for office use. I have read many posts from users that have problems with it, but many just lowered the resolution detail while in games (textures, dynamic lighting, etc.), and gameplay was somewhat tolerable afterwards.

That card works brilliantly on games I have never had even a graphics problem with it all games run fast with it and it has never lets me down for a long time.

Other then past performances Lets say its my Graphics card why has there never been a problem in the past with it. Could it have been damaged or some thing or maybe other things that I don

Sounds like it could be a cooling problem.

Might want to check all your fans, CPU,CASE,PS.VID CARD, ETC.

If they are working properly.......Upgrade is GOOOD!

Also you might want to check for new drivers, or if you have had this problem since newer drivers have been installed ,try going back to older ones and see if that helps.

Sounds like it could be a cooling problem.

Might want to check all your fans, CPU,CASE,PS.VID CARD, ETC.

Yea that could be it. How do I check all the fans are working correctly though? When it comes to computers its like a different language to me.

I had the same problem, My computer kept rebooting itself while playing games that were very graphic intense... After reading and asking a lot of questions about it, it all came down to this possibilities.

1)- You need to update your graphics drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

2)- Sometimes the problem could be Bad Ram or Incompatible Ram. (This turned out to be my problem, I had recently installed 256 more Megs of Ram and after removing the new Ram all my problems went away) I suggest you download and run memtest86 at

Yeah MarkX gave a good checklist of things to check on,

As far as Checking the fans, you can usually just do a visual on them.

Just pop the case open and check them out and make sure the power supply fan is blowing good out the back also. sometimes they just get caked with dust, or just wear out

I don't know if your vid card has a fan or not , some do, some don't.

Good luck, let us know.  :)

i had a geforce 4, thats not proly gona be ur best bet for games like ut4 unles u reduce mad grapical setings, if ur fans arent caked with dust and are working right and u stil have problems and have tried chaning drivers, if u stil experience problems, this is kinda going out on a limb but, did u overclock ur viedocard "try it without overclocking and  or do u use insane refreshrates or anything like that?

sum times"rarely" its ur monitor that goes out and cant support it, and have u made shure u have at leats direct x 9b"even though the cards notr really compliant with it"

have u considered it might not be the viedo card at all?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem, My computer kept rebooting itself while playing games that were very graphic intense... After reading and asking a lot of questions about it, it all came down to this possibilities.

1)- You need to update your graphics drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

2)- Sometimes the problem could be Bad Ram or Incompatible Ram. (This turned out to be my problem, I had recently installed 256 more Megs of Ram and after removing the new Ram all my problems went away) I suggest you download and run memtest86 at