help on networking

I need some help. I have a Netgear 10MB hub model # EN104tp. From my computer its going trough about 125 Foot of cable to the hub and then another 7 foot of cable into the computer, and everything works fine.But when i move the hub to the other end of the cable i get nothing. My computer sends information but recives nothing? The other computer does the same? So I though it just may be the hub. so I got me another hub a linksys 10/100 hub and supports up to 800 feet of cable it also does the same thing?

I hooked the cables up the sameway as it was the other side. I just dont get it? It should work both ways. on the hub i have it  from my computer the cable goes into port #1 and the other computer is in Port #2. and it works with that configuration.

no i made shur it was off. right now i have it hooked up it goes from my computer in to the 10/100 hub. i have my cable in port 1 and i have the other cable in the uplink port witch goes trought that 125 foot of cable then in to the other hub on port one, and the other computer on port 2. it dont work that way. the 10/100 on the uplink port the light blinks really fast and stays that way, and the other hub? Even after reseting the hub?

no i made shur it was off. right now i have it hooked up it goes from my computer in to the 10/100 hub. i have my cable in port 1 and i have the other cable in the uplink port witch goes trought that 125 foot of cable then in to the other hub on port one, and the other computer on port 2. it dont work that way. the 10/100 on the uplink port the light blinks really fast and stays that way, and the other hub? Even after reseting the hub?

So, you have your computer plugged in to port 1 on hub A then you have a 125 foot cat5 wire from the uplink port in Hub A going to port 1 on Hub B.

If this is right, you will need the uplink port button turned on on Hub A to connect the two hubs.

Ive done the auto select it still did the same thing. All i wanted to do is have one hub on my end of the computer but its not working?  if its on the other end of the cable it works great? on my end of the cable i connect my computer with another one i have next to it , with the same hub it works. But when i hook up the other cable it does nothing, and still see's the other computer next to mine?

Well i got it fixed, i had to replace the cable from my computer to the other computer hub with Fast Cat5 350mhz, and it runs smooth. After looking at the old cable it wasnt RJ45 cable, and the rest of the wiring i was using was RJ45.(Knock on wood) its working.  I want to thank everyone for helping my out.      Justin