DSL/FiOS Seperation

I don't think this would be easy to do but....

CA3LE is there a way you can change the download script so if a test from a verizon.net is run, it checks to see if its above. say 4mbps(dsl highest throughput is 3Mbps and FiOS lowest is 5Mbps) and put it in different categories?  So the people with DSL don't look at there 2.9mbps score and say only 83% of average? Something is wrong here. Just an idea :)

So the people with DSL don't look at there 2.9mbps score and say only 83% of average? Something is wrong here. Just an idea :) 

YaY !!! It freaks new folks out when they see that and think they have a problem. I've ask about this in the past and the response was... well luke warm. Some of the other ISP categories may/do have the same problem ? Thanks for looking into it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this would be easy to do but....

CA3LE is there a way you can change the download script so if a test from a verizon.net is run, it checks to see if its above. say 4Mbps(dsl highest throughput is 3Mbps and FiOS lowest is 5Mbps) and put it in different categories? So the people with DSL don't look at there 2.9Mbps score and say only 83% of average? Something is wrong here. Just an idea :)

Actually I could do that.. let me look into that for you... :)

Yeah, I may go even further with this idea and do it for all ISP's -- sounds like a big task with many variables but I got a little idea in my head of how I can do it pretty easy... we will see in a while if it all works out the way I have it drawn in my head. . . . . it usually works out though. hehe

Here is an idea.

Someone takes a speed test.

Testmy recognizes what ISP they are on.

On the results page you show a list of speed tiers from that ISP and ask the user to select which one they have or "unknown".

After they select their tier, a page tells them their speed vs. avarage ISP speed.

Here is an idea.

Someone takes a speed test.

Testmy recognizes what ISP they are on.

On the results page you show a list of speed tiers from that ISP and ask the user to select which one they have or "unknown".

After they select their tier, a page tells them their speed vs. avarage ISP speed.

great idea  :D

• 2 months later...