Just Ordered RoadRunner!!! Got A Question Though...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Thats exactly what I ment!!! Thanks...On one of these forums I read it said that people usually "tweak" when they want to boost or if they are not receiving the amount of power they are supposed too, about how many people usually have problems getting that 90% of what RR says your supposed to get?? Because I want to be the one who receives 90% or better without tweaking...One last thing now, can I hook my PS2 up without paying extra on the bill to play PS2 online?? Like is there things I can buy so I can hook this RR up in my room without getting charged extra?? Thanks...You people are SSOOOOO MUCH HELP!!!

Ok, Thats exactly what I ment!!! Thanks...On one of these forums I read it said that people usually "tweak" when they want to boost or if they are not receiving the amount of power they are supposed too, about how many people usually have problems getting that 90% of what RR says your supposed to get?? Because I want to be the one who receives 90% or better without tweaking...One last thing now, can I hook my PS2 up without paying extra on the bill to play PS2 online?? Like is there things I can buy so I can hook this RR up in my room without getting charged extra?? Thanks...You people are SSOOOOO MUCH HELP!!!

buying a router

here is my setup:

Modem: Motorola Surfboard 5120

Router:  Linksys Wireless G-Speedbooster WRT54GS

LAN1. Main Computer (wired)

LAN2. Second Computer (wired)

LAN3. Modded XBOX (wired)

LAN4. PS2 (wired)

Wireless: Third Computer

click on to view some pics: https://testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=6156.msg59179#msg59179

Ok, I just called...They said they only carry the Toshiba and the Motorola one...They said they will hook me up with one of those, and the router is $30.00 installation and the first year of using it is free then next year it will be $5.00 extra  month..I'm going to have them set it up with my PS2 upstairs..One more question?? When I have this PS2 hooked up this isn't going to slow my computer internet speed down is it?? or only while they are both online?? or what?? thanks

Ok sweet...I can't wait to try my broadband on Madden online!!!! I played Madden 2005 online dial-up and wow...What a heck of a time!! But in August when Madden 2006 comes out I'm going to be so happy!!!

Cool, I'm pretty sure it's going to be lag free. Good Luck with the Installation. :)

Ok wait...Pitbull you said you have the Motorola Surfboard 5120, is that newer then the Motorola SB5100?? I want the newest and best one...Which one is better then??

i never had the sb5100 so i cant tell you which is the best

click here for that info https://testmy.net/forum/t-6246.0;all 

and this  https://testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=6135.0;all

Ok so the Motorola Surfboard 5120 is the "newest" Motorola modem?? Because I wanna ask for the newest one and best one!! And why good luck hooking up the installation?? Hard or what, and installing what is hard??

Nope, but something could happed. The newest one is the Motorola Surfboard SB5120.

Yeah, but the lady said have another request incase they do not have the Motorola...Ok I live in a small town if I call my local cable which I ordered from it should get back to the people installing it what I want hooked up right?? I don't want them to come and not bring everything I wanted

Ok, I called and made a change!! I told her I wanted the Motorola SB5120, and I had them add to what to bring a router to hook up and everything!! So I think I should be set, now I'm just hoping everything runs smooth and runs at the 90% of what RR speed is or better, without tweaking because I don't want to do that

Ok I went here http://thegamer.serveftp.com/FAQ.htm and went down to the Windows XP one and when it's done it shows directions for non advanced users...If I use the easier one will I still get the same boost the hard one would do??

you never know, but if you hit your advertised speed with non advanced steps, leave it like that, unless your a tweak geek like me and wants the very last Kbps out of the connection  ;)

VanBuren :)