Hosting

luwigie

I just checked, and Direcway doesn't have free hosting. However, my other ISP, at a different location than where I usually am does. I just tested and they limit the size to 5 Megs, and they could only provide me with 535 KB/s of bandwidth, where I can download at 1.5 MB/s from my server.

hmm contrary to my pm i sent you, luwigie, i might have probably two-three picture files hosted. theyre the background for my site, but id have to convince freewebs to let me use u rather than them, cuz it loads really slow with them... last time, i asked them if i could use an image uploading site instead of them and they said they wouldnt allow it because they said itd be "bandwidth theft" :roll: thats what the sites there for!- to host image files!! :x

Let me know... The server that I am on is in the same data center as testmy.net' date=' so it should be just as fast :)[/quote']

Oh that's why when we set up that speed test for you a while back your shit ran so fast... I remember thinking 'Damn, this guy has a server as fast as mine... which is rare.'

hehe

lol, at the time, I wanted to test the servers ability to handle loads on the hardware side, and not neccesarily the bandwidth that I am on. I have yet to do that.

If you do a tracert to litelinux.net and to testmy.net, you will notice that I am on a router right next to the one testmy.net is on. Testmy.net is on somerouter1 and I am on somerouter2 :)

I was talking more about ftp/http file hosting... but' date=' how do you stream those files?[/quote']

Streaming mp3 audio is quite simple. A streaming server is required. I use Shoutcast as it interfaces with Winamp and is FREE There are others out there.. ie Windows Media, Real Media, etc. To me Shoutcast does not try to take over every aspect of ya system Hosting a live stream has been a great learning tool for networking. One must be carful as with music streams there are copyright issues I