CABLE GUY <---bad jim c. impersonation.

Shug7272

Just wondering (unless this is one of those personal things that arent discussed) how much revenue can a site like this make through the ads. Ive always wondered that. Im sure it costs a buttload to keep the site up ( I cant even imagine). So how does all that ads and revenue work?

AdSense publishers are not allowed to publically discuss revinue... But yes' date=' hosting is pretty expensive ;-)[/quote']

Ok then one important question... what the hell is adsense, and if you can say this (not trying to pry just curious) is there anything left over for you after the site maintenance or does it all get sucked up here.

Ok so after searching I figured out for my fat self what ad sense is, can you kinda explain how it works (if thats allowed) do people have to click or do you get paid for people just hitting the site? If they have to click I blow alot of time I could click alot to help make you rich (richer?) what ever Im just curious about this stuff. No offense intended.

Yes it is pay-per-click more info can be found here >> https://www.google.com/adsense/faq

Though I would like the extra revenue I don't want you to click just for fun, I want this program to last and by clicking the ads without intention to at least check out the product or service offered will be ripping off the advertiser... this in the end will lower my payout rates (along with all publishers) and ruin the program. Also Google has a pretty smart fraud system that kicks out clicks that it feels were made in error or clicks from one person that happen too often.

If you see something that your interested in, click the ad and check it out... otherwise ignore the ads. My hosting is more than paid for, I am happy with that... every penny over that is just play money for me for all the hours upon hours of scripting I have done to create this site... I'm not tring to get rich off this, but if it happens... I'm not going to complain either :) -

- Thank you

- Damon

Guy I have been with you a long time now and as far as advertiseing I have probally checked out more of your ads than any other site because of what you have to offer most sites all have your generic ads but you are demographicly on time. In other words they appeal to my interests as they do with the rest of our members. Keep up the hard work and you will enjoy going Public :D8):lol:

My head would fall off if I went public... that would just be a little friggen insane, :P -- and a little out of my league, but it would be the coolest shit ever :)

Glad to hear that you find the ads on my site to be relevant, that's always a good thing... but the thanks and praise needs to go to Google for the ad delivery, they have a very smart system, and it just keeps getting better.

As always, thank you all for your support.

Yes it is pay-per-click more info can be found here >> https://www.google.com/adsense/faq

Though I would like the extra revenue I don't want you to click just for fun, I want this program to last and by clicking the ads without intention to at least check out the product or service offered will be ripping off the advertiser... this in the end will lower my payout rates (along with all publishers) and ruin the program. Also Google has a pretty smart fraud system that kicks out clicks that it feels were made in error or clicks from one person that happen too often.

If you see something that your interested in, click the ad and check it out... otherwise ignore the ads. My hosting is more than paid for, I am happy with that... every penny over that is just play money for me for all the hours upon hours of scripting I have done to create this site... I'm not tring to get rich off this, but if it happens... I'm not going to complain either :) -

- Thank you

- Damon

Cool deal, thanks for the info, I will read the link you posted. As for now I need a breakfast burrito and sex, just not sure what order to go in

What state are you in shug.. 'cause I am in AZ and we got some pretty kick ass mexican food here ;-)

Never been to Arizona, bet they have kick ass mexi. I live in Texas, they pretty much suck at Mexican here. What they do is they take good mexican food and change all the good parts then they call it "Tex Mex" which is Texan for piece of shit food. I grew up in NM and they KNOW some mexican food. Jumburrito is Texas's only saving grace for mexican food. Damn Im hungry.