Can Someone Explain To Me Please!!!

Ok, I'm having TWC bring a Motorola SB5120, and a Router...How does this work?? Like where is the router left at?? The original computer or what?? and how do you get it hooked up in an other room...In my bedroom all I have is a cable line near the wall?? How do I hook it to my PS2 when I need a ethernet cord for that?? Well can someone just give me an explaination on where things go how its set up?? Thanks

A coaxial cable outlet in the home is modified for Internet access.  Then, the coaxial cable goes from that outlet to the back of your cable modem.  Your cable modem then connex to the router (it plugs into the odd jack out, not into jacks 1-4).  Your router splits the IP address issued by the DHCP server into a bunch of it's own IP addresses, starting with 192.168.  There is no "main computer."  The router is essentially that.  You then hook your PC's or PS2's to the router via ethernet, or over a wireless connexion if that is compatible.