Toshiba PCX5000 Anygood???

wyantm06

• 3 years later...

Anyone know where to get a PCX5000??

I had this modem and IT WAS 1000% BETTER THAN THE GARBAGE THEY GAVE ME LAST WEEK! (SMC router)

This thing is pure garbage and i wish i had my PCX modem back... (Something got stuck in the connector or something and it wouldnt authenticate anymore (My connector came off and i had the hair-type wiring pushed right in the connector (It worked for a couple days)))

The other day i had 7 tabs open on a website AND I LOST THE CONNECTION TO THE SITE,ROUTER WAS RE-DIRECTING ME TO www.wsearch.net!! (I WAS VERY PISSED OFF I had to close the browser and restart it thus LOSING ALL TABS)

The only thing i didnt like about my PCX5000 was it kept locking up on me.... (THE CABLE LEVEL INTO MY ROOM WAS WEAK AND AS A RESULT THE TRANSMIT WAS TOO HIGH ON THE MODEM (USUALLY OVER 50db))

Does anyone here know where i can buy one??

They are still listed on TOSHIBA's site but sadly they dont sell them anymore :(

http://www.toshiba.com/taisnpd/products/pcx5000.html

The PCX5000 was the BEST cable modem i ever had.......