what should i buy?

ebucemag

I would agree with him.. if you have a desktop that suits your need then pick up a laptop... if you dont then upgrade. but dont try and build one for 900. There is just no way that you can get everything that you need for 900 to have a high end gaming pc... if that is what you want to do.

Thats BS I made mine for around 800 after I bought everything and I can play doom3 and farcry and any other game. The building of your own pc is a good Idea thats what I did if I would have bought mine already put together it would have been about 3,000 dollard. Hey check out my system here it is P4 2.8GHz 256mbs ram (not the best still saving to upgrade) and tv tuner with all the channels and a 8x DVDRW and a 16x DVD Drive and a see through case with a blus light on side and a ATI RADEON 9550 video card and a 40GIG hard drive with a 80GIG external and a floppy of course and XP HOME oh and 5.1 sorround sound card and yes I have the sorround sound speakers and a 4port router and High speed DSL internet and Best and wireless keyboard and mouse.I just bought the video card and the DVDRW I got for my BDAY. I also have alot of cool games like GTA 3 AND GTA VICE CITY and flight simulator 2004.I made this system myself and I would be happy to put on together for you. *DEL*. I would also like peoples opion on my system thanks!!!

When i say gaming machine.. i mean.. Athlon 64 3800+, 1 gig of ddr 400 ram, Nvidia 6800 ultra/ATI x800, 7.1 sound and speakers... I will agree you can build a computer for less than 800 that will run doom 3... but you will not truly experience the game... You resolution and quality will have to be set to low.. But do what you want...

Thats BS I made mine for around 800 after I bought everything and I can play doom3 and farcry and any other game. The building of your own pc is a good Idea thats what I did if I would have bought mine already put together it would have been about 3' date='000 dollard. Hey check out my system here it is P4 2.8GHz 256mbs ram (not the best still saving to upgrade) and tv tuner with all the channels and a 8x DVDRW and a 16x DVD Drive and a see through case with a blus light on side and a ATI RADEON 9550 video card and a 40GIG hard drive with a 80GIG external and a floppy of course and XP HOME oh and 5.1 sorround sound card and yes I have the sorround sound speakers and a 4port router and High speed DSL internet and Best and wireless keyboard and mouse.I just bought the video card and the DVDRW I got for my BDAY. I also have alot of cool games like GTA 3 AND GTA VICE CITY and flight simulator 2004.I made this system myself and I would be happy to put on together for you. *DEL* I would also like peoples opion on my system thanks!!![/quote']

That system don't sound like, what did you say, around 3 grand pre- assembled?? Please no offense meant. And if you paid 800 to build it, that sounds about right. I built mine for not much more, minus the monitor.

11-144-057

where is the hard drive?? Memory is a little lacking 256mb is not enough for todays programs/system environment... other than that it is a great setup!! I love that case! I have used that one before for 2 other builds and it has turned out great!

where is the hard drive?? Memory is a little lacking 256mb is not enough for todays programs/system environment... other than that it is a great setup!! I love that case! I have used that one before for 2 other builds and it has turned out great!

Me? Thanks! HD is there 160g SATA. And I got two RAM chips @256 each. Still half a gig is lacking I know. Soon to be 1.5 gig. Yes this case is awesome. Plenty of room for upgrades and I like all the blue lights.

Actually...I not sure now looking back if Swimmer was talkin to me.... :oops:

# 2ND_USB: STANDARD 2 USB PORT CONNECTORS [+0]

# CAS: X-BLADE Mid-Tower 450W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display + FAN CONTROL [+21] (BLACK COLOR [+0])

# CD: COMBO DRIVE (16X DVD-ROM & 52x32x52 CD-RW) [+45] (BLACK COLOR [+0])

# CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Processor (512K L2 CACHE) [+49]

# FAN: AMD CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK [+0]

# FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE [+0] (BLACK COLOR [+0])

# HDD: 120GB 7200 RPM ATA 100 HARD DRIVE [+16]

# KEYBOARD: PS2 MULTIMEDIA INTERNET CONTROL KEYBOARD [+0] (BLACK COLOR [+3])

# MOUSE: Microsoft

:) If it was a Dell it would only cost half that much...... I know a lot of people regard Dell as not worthy....but if your just an average user and your not a gamer in my opinion I think Dell gives more bang for the buck. for instance all the Dell machines at work outlasted all the Compaq's by over twice the amount of time with less trouble in service.... My brother (a non techie) has two Dells and I have only worked one one of them one time in the last two years (scum-ware) and Dells service is usually pretty good(we all know someone that has a nightmare story) the only problem I had was when I called for tech support I had a problem understanding the guy in India but in fairness he was very thorough in fact he gave me a lot more help than I wanted......but what company isnt sending there service centers to cheap labor markets...Anyway its not top of the line thats for sure ...but for a regular user its been my experience that its a good product......and no I'm not typing on a Dell right now.....lol.....thats just my opinion I could be wrong!!

8) Microwave

I totally agree. Yes it's not for me, I'll be building to suit, but for some folks, it's perfect. A guy I know bought one last year, and I chuckled at what he was getting (actually overpriced I thought). Too much integrated stuff, ie; sound card, video card. Not much room for updates either.

I have a dell and I have had a mixed experienced.. I was shipped a working system minus the wireless card.. which has the wrong driver...

I have heard great things about Cyberpower!! A guy on our team just bought a system from them so I will have to go and check it out for myself...

I still think that custom is the way to go.. No quesitons asked unless you have 2+grand to blow...