Playstation 2,LAN,DISGUSTED

KIGORNO

ISP is Bell Sympatico (Highspeed DSL), good service, no problems, i've been with them since they launched

Efficient Networks Speedstream 6300 modem/router (in one),latest firmware, all new cables (direct from ISP, shall use no other)

I have a Desktop PC (Wired),running XP home SP2  -no problems!!!

I have a Laptop (Brand New),WIRELESS, running XP home SP2  - flawless!!!

I've had my PS2 online since conception of the idea, SOCOM fanatic (SOCRACK lol) worked fine, with minimal LAG

All of a sundden I am experiencing horrible LAG (6-10 sec. avg) every 12 sec. or so, with constant disconnects WTF!!!

Now I am not any kind of newb with regards to Computers/peripherals (I eat this stuff for breakfast), and I don't claim to be any kind of computer wizard either, I know about firewalls and all of those other "quick fixes" if you will, i've tried em'.

I've called everywhere, SONY,BELL, Zipper Interactive (Publisher of Socom), it's gotten me NOWHERE, and not too fast to mention

So I turn to you, whoever YOU may be.

Please keep in mind I've recently (2 weeks ago) I went out and got a new PS2, all new cables, a new SOCOM game, and I even went as far as getting a new 6300 unit from BELL, all apparently to no avail. I still have the same problems, I've personally run out of ideas....it's saddening..........PLEASE HELP ME, it's been so long since I have enjoyed my only escape, SOCOM 2....HELP!!!

~desperately waiting~

• 2 weeks later...

I used to work for a DSL company at their help desk.  Try unplugging all the phones in the house and see if you still have the same problem.  Sometimes a phone that is going bad can interfere with your line, even with a filter.  If that doesnt fix it then I would suggest having a technician come out and check for noise on your line.  Good luck!  :)