Signed up for 1.5 but only getting 768kb

keyser_ws6

have u virus scanned and spyware scanned ur comp? also, give it a few days for verizon to get ur speed right, since it is only the first day, they could just be settting everything up for u still. is there anyway for u to get me ur sync rate?

There's nothing wrong with their department, it's only the verizon database, if you try loading your personal information online, you'll notice it's very slow.

The DB said I didn't even have DSL a few days ago when I upgraded to 3.0, it's very unstable.

I believe it's getting fixed soon, and I certainly hope so.

There's nothing really out of the ordinary with departments gone clueless in businesses.  :?

it depends on the location of the CO.  If the CO is located more than 2 miles away, then your connection  will be low.    When I upgraded from 768K to 3.0M  , the speed  difference  was changed and was at full speed at the end of the phone call to verizon    but make  sure  you have  the latest  modem  ,  the Westell 2200. If  you do not have the Westell 2200 , please call  1-800-567-6789  and at the voice prompt  say billing. The modem  will cost  $40  and the modem/router in 1 will cost  $50.

• 2 weeks later...

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1150 Kbps about 1.2 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 140 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Sun Aug 14 2005 19:54:42 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 21X faster than 56K 1MB download in 7.31 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 26.61 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-S2IVT7DJC

my average speed with the 1.5/384 plan

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 387 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 47 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Sun Aug 14 2005 19:56:18 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 21.79 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 62.42 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-P6T0G1OAC

dl not near 1.5 but ul is pretty good

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 738 Kbps about 0.7 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 90 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Tue Aug 16 2005 18:18:28 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bottom Line:: 13X faster than 56K 1MB download in 11.38 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 17.02 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-47XUGSMYW

I am stuck like this forever. I talked to Verizon and asked them if my line qualified for 1.5Mbps or 3.0Mbps. I have a Westell 2200 modem. They said unfortunately, I didn't qualify. Then i asked is there any one to make it faster? They said sorry, but you'll have to stick with that speed. I'm canceling, but I need to find a good ISP available in my area first which is kinda hard. Is this only for Verizon? If I switch ISP will I still be capped at 768kbps?

I am stuck like this forever. I talked to Verizon and asked them if my line qualified for 1.5Mbps or 3.0Mbps. I have a Westell 2200 modem. They said unfortunately, I didn't qualify. Then i asked is there any one to make it faster? They said sorry, but you'll have to stick with that speed. I'm canceling, but I need to find a good ISP available in my area first which is kinda hard. Is this only for Verizon? If I switch ISP will I still be capped at 768Kbps?

Earthlink tops out at 768 i believe, so I wouldn't go with them.  However, if you're too far from your local phone center there might not be anything you can do for faster DSL.  You might check into cable broadband if you already have cable.  If not you're going to be spending a lot more per month.  Good luck!

• 1 month later...
I am stuck like this forever. I talked to Verizon and asked them if my line qualified for 1.5Mbps or 3.0Mbps. I have a Westell 2200 modem. They said unfortunately, I didn't qualify. Then i asked is there any one to make it faster? They said sorry, but you'll have to stick with that speed. I'm canceling, but I need to find a good ISP available in my area first which is kinda hard. Is this only for Verizon? If I switch ISP will I still be capped at 768Kbps?

Unfortunately, even if you switch ISPs ... the speed is dependant on the distance of the length of wire from the Central Office to your location.  You may find a ISP that will try to go higher, but you're more than like going to experience intermittent connectivity.

Go to the troubleshooting menu and go to transceiever stats, and post the results here.  That should tell us a lot more about your connection.

• 1 month later...

I am "supposed" to be signed up for the 1.5mbps plan but I cant get past 800kbps...I got the 1.5dl speed for about 5 hours but then it went back to to about 768 I am just going to assume I am to far away from the CO to get the 1.5...here are what my transceiever stats are.

Transceiver Information  Down Stream Path  Up Stream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)             896                         448

Margin (dB)                           5.0                             20.0

Line Attenuation (dB)               50.5                         28.0

Transmit Power (dBm)           16.8                         11.1

I am paying 29.95 per month for getting only 768 dl...so I am going to the 14.95 plan once my current yearly plan expires in December