Best Anti virus and Fire Wall

ojo80

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rayray909 : well as far as i know it doesn't have pop up & ad blocker.

misery : i'm using the trial version first, just curious abt this number 1 av. I still have 2 month subscription with NAV so after that then i'll switch to kav or avast till kis 2006 avail  :D

Tend Micro Pc-cillin Internet security 2005 is the Bomb.

doesnt hog your computer, its easy to run/configure and it checks for updates frequently, and i havent reformat my computer since i installed, before i had Norton and Mcafee and both i had to reinstall windows because of problems i had with my computer speed and some viruses that were around. But i have saw that Kaspersky its the best scaning viruses tho. is it true? the downside is that its a resource hog but dont know if it is worst than Norton....

Tend Micro Pc-cillin Internet security 2005 is the Bomb.

doesnt hog your computer, its easy to run/configure and it checks for updates frequently, and i havent reformat my computer since i installed, before i had Norton and Mcafee and both i had to reinstall windows because of problems i had with my computer speed and some viruses that were around. But i have saw that Kaspersky its the best scaning viruses tho. is it true? the downside is that its a resource hog but dont know if it is worst than Norton....

I've been using Trend Micro before too.. Its simply the best.. After Norton didn't detect a virus, I searched on the net and a couple of sites showed TM suite as the best one.. ;)

I am a rather large fan of Trend Micro's Internet Security 2005... I cant tell you how many times I have got out break notices and other friends have been infected and I am still zooming along with no problems...  I would highly recommend..

Guest Pacers Fan

The best free antivirus I've found so far is AntiVir.

In terms of Firewalls, I was using Zone Alarms until I encountered a problem. I uninstalled Zone Alarms to test out Sygate, but left over files restricted my Internet access. Eventually I just edited the registry. I took the 30 day trial of Sygate Pro, but will probably switch back to Zone Alarms once it's over.

:haha: :haha: true.......i always think that NAV is number 1 until i try kis...still NAV is in top 5

NAV is bad no secret there' but NAV Corporate Edition should be good and so is Pro'  But now im with KAV Pro 5.0 and until it makes me get rid of it,  i will keep it cause its a very good AV program' im untouchable when i visit trojan filled sites. Other programs download infected zipped or rar files from PSP sites but KAV actually stops them before they get to your computer.`

I already said goodbye to my NAV's 2 months subcription after being attacked by helkern and lovesan......tried avast and i like it's web scanner although it seems had a hard time scanning image files on my puter. Guess i'll stick to kis and sygate until the attacks are over

• 2 weeks later...