Firefox crash and profile problem

tampa

Guest philp

Firefox crashed?? How is that possible????

I was led to believe Firefart was the best there ever was and was completely flawless. Was I misinformed? Is it possible that hackers will soon start writing code to hack Firefart now that it's becoming more popular, hence more entertaining to hack?

I was led to believe Firefart was the best there ever was and was completely flawless. Was I misinformed? Is it possible that hackers will soon start writing code to hack Firefart now that it's becoming more popular, hence more entertaining to hack?

:roll:

I'll look into the profile thing...

~php

if firefox crashes. and you try to run it again and it asks you to make a new profile. its because its still running in system processes "Task Manager" or CTRL+ALT+DEL and kill the process. then you can open it fine.

C:Documents and SettingsusernameApplication DataMozillaFirefox

goto that directory... and open the file profiles.ini

[General]

StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]

Name=default

IsRelative=1

Path=Profiles/eifjweijhw.default

Default=1

it should look like that, just make sure your Path is correct for the profile you want to use.

i had thathappen to me a few times and i shut it down everytime and i tried to restart it but it said it was already running so i looked around and saw it was running in the processes but wouldnt load so i ended the process and started it and all was fine, never got it again.

Nothing is flawless, and or perfect, but as it stands right now IE has many more vulns than FireFox. Will that change? Sure it will. Hackers and crackers always go where the people are, and attack the most used software. Rest assured exploits have already been written for FireFox, and will continue to be written for it. I'm curious to see what happens when IE 7 is released myself.  :icon_thumright: