Question for people with verizon 15/2 fios package

Chais

I have the 30/5 package. When I upload at my full 5 meg speed I get not even 1 meg down. When I download at my full 30 megs I get only about 60 kB/s up. Or if I download at half my upload max (about 2.5 megs up) I get only half my download (15 megs down). So my question is do any of you with the 15/2 package have this kind of a problem? Or are you able to upload at two and download at 15 at the same time?

Are you uploading and downloading from two different machines on your network?  If not, can you describe the disk array on the machine in use?

Are you uploading and downloading from different web, ftp or other sites during this process?  What sites are you testing against?  Could you please describe if those sites have excellent bandwidth or not.

thanks.

Hard to say.  You haven't said much about your hardware.  It's possible there could be a hardware issue on your end but I doubt it.

Since I don't use the peer apps, I can't comment on how to tweak them to get the best speed.  I would imagine the issue you are seeing is more related to the application and it's use of the stack.  Are there some good studies of bittorrent, how it handles acknowledgements, frame size implications, etc.?  If so, you might need to do some research to make effective use of the pipe you have.

well All my hardware on this end is up to par! I did everything possible. Quick over view:

cpu-2.4 HT, ram-512. hd space- 290gigs, 10/1000 built in the motherboard of my dell optiplex270 nic which is on 100 full duplex, d-link router set on 100 full duplex(router givin from verizon free). I set my tcp recieve window to 307824, 30 megs. I dont know I tried alot of other things the verizon tech wanted me to do. They have no answer for me either and say that it is a problem. also I put this on dslreports and all they say is I just want to blaim verizon for my problems. That if I was to saturate my upload it would cause my to have NO download. They know nothing on that site. here is the link

• 2 weeks later...

I use torrent and had the same problem.  The problem, for me, was on the upload side.  When I had my torrent set for full upload at 2MB I got next to nothing on the download side.  I reset my torrent upload speed to a reasonable number like 80kb and that fixed the problem.