what kinda speed ?

Blunted

3 comps that i was using below and total there is 7 computers and 1 server and 8 xboxes that we system link

2 are 2.8 pentium 4 HT 800 fsb 2 gigs of ram and the other is 2.6 pentium 4 with 1 gig of ram running cat 6 and was wondering what speeds i could get with it. 

1 reason i ask is because i have 2 long wire runs and want more speed to there for streaming high resolution video like movies and sending huge files fast as possilbe.  1 wire run is about 160 feet and the other is about 330 feet and the rest are 60 feet and under

• 2 weeks later...

try and keep the wire runs below 300 ft.. otherwise you start to loose signal strength..

1000megabits(gigabyte ethernet) should run around 12800Kbps that is using 1000/0.0078125

As long as you have a PCI nic you should not have a bottle neck..  PCI runs a 133MBps.. gigabyte ethernet is 125MBps

with that firewall i am using it shows it and if you see the statistics chart for last 80 seconds it shows i am getting 9367 KB a second transfer rate which is about 74,936 kb.  if you dont have a firewall look at the task manager and goto network tab and if your network card is set at 100 mb and using 5% its using about 5 mb. get it?

with that firewall i am using it shows it and if you see the statistics chart for last 80 seconds it shows i am getting 9367 KB a second transfer rate which is about 74,936 kb.  if you dont have a firewall look at the task manager and goto network tab and if your network card is set at 100 mb and using 5% its using about 5 mb. get it?

Gotcha.