Microsoft puts limits on updates to fight piracy (News)

Whats the point of genuine Windows customers only getting updates when in a week or to there will be a crack(u know what i mean). Microsoft is going to lose a lost of business I have a corporate verison of Xp Pro but it wouldnt let me download updates. Bad move Microsoft what bout all the business that use XP Pro Corp what r u going to do when they start complaining that they cant get updates. Also whats the point of windows update.com or the new microsoft update if its not used because every time u turn your head its a hacked version of Xp on everybodys pc. I dont know if I being harsh(?) but I have used Windows for 5 years and this is the stupidest thing they can do. People are going to switch to linux and other os(s) so wrong move microsoft.

Is it just me or: Is this money lost a hoax how can they lose money if the same people buy it over and over again.

[move] :!:Same amount of Customers=No loss      Genuine Windows move=money loss  :!: [/move]

[move]  :!: Microsoft "Genuine Advantage" cracked in 24h :!: [/move]

This week, Microsoft started requiring users to verifiy their serial number before using Windows Update. This effort to force users to either buy XP or tell them where you got the illegal copy is called 'Genuine Advantage.' It was cracked within 24 hours.

Before pressing 'Custom' or 'Express' buttons paste this text to the address bar and press enter:

jscript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')

replace the"j" with java

It turns off the trigger for the key check.

Guest helloimtim

One big difference that hurts XP Home is that is supports only up to 5 peers on a network; whereas XP Pro is unlimited of course.

It does have some nice admin tools too.

Guest Hyperspace

Go to the Microsoft update website then:

In "Internet Explorer", go to "tools" and then "Manage Add-ons" and look for "Windows Genuine Advantage" and disable it. You only need to do that one time