Trojan Virus

HOtterness

hey everyone just a ? about how to get rid of a Trojan, it is a byteverify virus. any help will be highly appreciated. I am running Norton Antivirus but it says delete failed? Is there some way of putting into quarintine I do not have that option or any at all only the failed part.

As usual thanks in advance,

Harry

Maybe this will help,

1) Reboot the PC in safe mode with networking

2) Turn system restore off by right clicking on my computer icon. Then go to properties, click on System restore and check box to disable it.

3) Now do a virus scan.

You could also delete it manually, here is some valuable information.

"When the browser runs an applet, the JRE stores all the downloaded files into its cache directory for better performance. We have received reports of the following malicious applets in the cache directory:

Trojan.ByteVerify

VerifierBug.class

Java.JJBlack worm

Java.Shinwow trojan

However, in this instance, storing these applets in the cache directory can not cause any harm to your computer because they are designed to exploit a vulnerability in the Microsoft VM, not the Sun JVM.

SOLUTION

If you find one of these malicious applets on your computer, please use an anti-virus program to delete the applet, or you can clean the cache directory manually.

Here are the instructions on how to manually remove these malicious applets from the JRE cache directory:

From the Start button, click Settings

i saw something on my firewall tht makes me think i got 1 but everything is clean from my point of view cause i used 2 antivirus and 3 spyware/adware removers.  i also use security task manager and it tells you alot about a processes if you dont know about it and can stop it from starting again.

look at this and tell me what you think about the BACKDOOR trojan active spirit2001 cause it says under attack class successful user and under action it says denied

i saw something on my firewall tht makes me think i got 1 but everything is clean from my point of view cause i used 2 antivirus and 3 spyware/adware removers. i also use security task manager and it tells you alot about a processes if you dont know about it and can stop it from starting again.

look at this and tell me what you think about the BACKDOOR trojan active spirit2001 cause it says under attack class successful user and under action it says denied

note the direction...

• 2 weeks later...

If the direction of the attacks is in, and you couldn't find any spyware/viruses on your pc, then the IP's that are trying to access that port on your pc are infected and may have gotten your IP off of some website, or just randomly selected it (pure luck) :D.. If you want, you can post a Hijackthis log, in order for us to verify that there are really no malware programs running on your pc or embedded in your programs such as IE, cuz that message/comment from Kerio about the trojan may or may not be true.. :)

did a bunch of scans with 3 anti virus programs 2 spyware programs and 2 that look for trojans and did all that i could in safe mode also.  i checked my start up and my processes(also hidden processes) and everything is what it should be and linked to valid programs and came up no viruses and no adware or spyware. 

i am pretty sure i am good with the setup that i have and i have went to dsl eports and some other sites to test my security and all my ports cant bee seen at all.