Microsoft.Windows.Vista.Codename.Longhor n.Beta.1.Developers.Kit-WinBeta

hoodlegend

wz2309, when this OS finally gets released, computing, as we know it today, will change forever. Only Microsoft is able to bring us a nextgen operating system at it's finest. Hats off to "Big Money Bill" and staff (The Dream Team of Technology).

They're bringing us the total package. Consumers that don't really care for MS will be sitting in their computer chairs looking on in astonishment.

Does anyone know if IE7 Beta will overwrite IE6 if i install it (on my Windows XP comp).  I am 'this' close to clicking next, but only if its uninstallable if i dont like it or if it just sucks (in its beta form).

if anyone knows ,REPLY!!!!

http://anonym.to/?http://rapidshare.de/files/3419346/IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe.html

Theres the link to IE7 if anyone wants it.  You need to have a valid copy of windows xp to install it by the way...

I grabbed the 32Bit version first, but I'm going to hold up on installing it. The 64Bit version is almost finished, so I'm going to install that one instead. I just want to see what the differences are between the two being that the 64Bit version is only 1.8gigs in comparison.

From what I'm hearing, the massive size in the 32Bit version is largely due to the extensive driver support. There's not a lot of 64Bit drivers out there yet, so the main difference could be just that.

Guest helloimtim

Im am forsure in no rush for the new version of windows. It takes 512 of ram just to run it. Think I will wait a couple of years before playing with it. Xp still has problems. I already have Maxthon which is pretty much what ie7 should be in about a year or so. So no big rush for a beta version of something I already have and pretty stable and fast. I really have no Idea why people are in such a rush to play with ie7 when there are atleast 2 versions of it already out there and pretty stalbe. Maxthon and Avant browsers.

Im am forsure in no rush for the new version of windows. It takes 512 of ram just to run it. Think I will wait a couple of years before playing with it. Xp still has problems. I already have Maxthon which is pretty much what ie7 should be in about a year or so. So no big rush for a beta version of something I already have and pretty stable and fast. I really have no Idea why people are in such a rush to play with ie7 when there are atleast 2 versions of it already out there and pretty stalbe. Maxthon and Avant browsers.

Maxthon is built on the old engine that we use now. I can't wait to test speeds on this new browser and tweak the settings. I don't plan to use Vista as my main OS permanently, but it's what I'll be using for the next few weeks or so (almost full time). Not to mention that this beta might be as stable as ever.

Technology would be no fun if it were to always play by the rules. RC1's and so forth of new products are very much needed to keep developers/consumers on their toes. No time like the present to start getting use to what the next 10 years of computing will be like.