Name Brand of Computer

What Name Brand of Computer Do You Own?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What Name Brand of Computer Do You Own?

• Dell
    • IBM
    • Gateway
    • Emachine
    • HP/Compaq
    • Alienware
    • Apple
    • Averatec
    • Toshiba
    • two or more of the above names
    • None of the above

yeah.. hp/compaq quality has improved.. some what... some of their higher end systems are shipping with real parts now..  It is sad in a way to see Gateway head down the path towards Emachine quality..  I guess they are just not making it anymore..

very nice! tera byte would be nice.. you could go http://www.shareholder.com/maxtor/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=165162&reltype=Product&maxtor_section=press of those and get 2 out of just 4 drives.. however they will be like 350 a piece.. 

Hey one question.. are those bubbles on the top of the tank of fluid for the cooling?

no real person needs a terabyte of storage.. it is kinda like a gig of ram 2 years ago.. didnt need it.. it was just something to brag about..  The only real reason would be for video editing or production..  I mean walmart has something like 2.5 terabytes of information on all of its customers world wide!!  that is a hell of alot of people..

yeah.. hp/compaq quality has improved.. some what... some of their higher end systems are shipping with real parts now.. It is sad in a way to see Gateway head down the path towards Emachine quality.. I guess they are just not making it anymore..

If I remember correctly, Gateway bought out Emachines. Emachines does make a quiet machine though. No HDD's that sound like small chainsaws.

That is correct.. Gateway did buy out Emachine.  I retract my last statement.. It has been a while since I have looked at what they are offering.. however, you are not going to get the same quality in that machine as compaired to a custom built one.  Not dell or IBM custom.. Newegg.. zipzoomfly..

Hard drive that sould like chainsaws should be long gone by now..  :lol:

It was a little 20GB IBM Deskstar (Deathstar).

Was that the hard drive they were sued for?  There was one of the lines that had a 50 or 70% failure rate..

i see one knows of Averatec

does any one have ever heard of them ?

i havent

Yeah you can get them at Sam club and some other retailers... they have some pretty good deals.. i saw one for about a grand with some pretty impressive specs..

• 3 years later...